User1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how do I set up an enemy with an item I am questing for?

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a pretty vague question. Do you have to defeat the monster to get the item? Do you need to steal it? Is it in a chest with an enemy encounter? Is it only from one specific monster or can it come from any monster? Give us an idea of how you want this to work and we can help you.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1 way could be extra enemy drops plugin.
starting the quest turns on a switch, the drop can only occur when the switch is on with conditional drop notetags, then have parallel common event tied to the same switch checking how many of the quest items you have and turning off that switch when meet the quest quota (possibly a text saying you met the quota too).

pawsplay

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it a unique item?

User1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a pretty vague question. Do you have to defeat the monster to get the item? Do you need to steal it? Is it in a chest with an enemy encounter? Is it only from one specific monster or can it come from any monster? Give us an idea of how you want this to work and we can help you.
Sorry for the vagueness,like...after a wvented enemy battle

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the vagueness,like...after a wvented enemy battle
If you're eventing the battle, then wouldn't you just have the event start the battle with a specific troop for the quest, with a specific enemy that has your quest item as a 1/1 drop?

User1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're eventing the battle, then wouldn't you just have the event start the battle with a specific troop for the quest, with a specific enemy that has your quest item as a 1/1 drop?
Yeah, ok, it's a quest to defeat a monster and return the item to the quest giver, I've figured out HOW to event the dude, just not the monster event

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've figured out HOW to event the dude, just not the monster event
Tab 3 of event commands, first button, Battle Processing.

As a tip, I'd suggest you try to slow down and be more thoughtful and specific when you're trying to get help. Starting with your first post/title - "YANFLY quest enemies" doesn't mean anything. That's not the name of a plugin, and...I still have no idea what Yanfly has to do with any part of your question.

Then you were asked to be more specific and you said "it's an evented enemy battle" - I don't think anyone would read that and guess that you didn't know how to get into the battle from an event. :stickytongue:

Slow down, use proper English sentences with specific wording - the fewer times you have to go back and forth with other people to figure out what you need, the sooner your question is answered :smile:

User1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tab 3 of event commands, first button, Battle Processing.

As a tip, I'd suggest you try to slow down and be more thoughtful and specific when you're trying to get help. Starting with your first post/title - "YANFLY quest enemies" doesn't mean anything. That's not the name of a plugin, and...I still have no idea what Yanfly has to do with any part of your question.

Then you were asked to be more specific and you said "it's an evented enemy battle" - I don't think anyone would read that and guess that you didn't know how to get into the battle from an event. :stickytongue:

Slow down, use proper English sentences with specific wording - the fewer times you have to go back and forth with other people to figure out what you need, the sooner your question is answered :smile:
I apologize, I tend to get anxiety and end up not making sense about things, so, is this correct? I don't know where to put the quest journal Comments
Also, thank you so much for responding to my crazy jibberish

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220124-212315_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20220124-212315_Photo Editor.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 3

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure. So if you made that troop that's guaranteed to drop the item you want them to have for the quest, you can just add the plugin commands to progress the quest right after the Battle Processing, before the Self Switch.

User1978

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sure. So if you made that troop that's guaranteed to drop the item you want them to have for the quest, you can just add the plugin commands to progress the quest right after the Battle Processing, before the Self Switch.
THANK YOU That's EXACTLY what I was wondering, thank you so much for the help, I really appreciate it

Latest Profile Posts

its_a_random_world.jpg
Well after half a year of health problems (that aren't as bad as before), and playing with UE4 & 5... I realized I should finish this project before working on something else. So I decided to upgrade my randomizer. And really just focus on compromising wherever I can to finish the project sooner rather than later. :kaoswt:
hmmm. an art of mine was removed from reddit, for a reason not even listed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krockhunter