ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Need some help with lunatic mode. I just can't seem to figure it out.

1) I have a custom menu. So when I open it up, it uses that menu's background... but I want a different background image to appear. Under lunatic mode there is a 'Before Create Windows' option with this code as an example:

// background.bitmap = ImageManager.loadTitle1("Book");
// this.fitScreen(background);

No matter what I do, it wont use the picture I want. I tried changing loadTitle1 to like loadpictures ect. Or even putting the picture in Titles1 and calling 'pic 3'. But apparently I don't understand this simple script at all and apparently no one wants to explain it anywhere, haha.

2) I want to change the catagories to purely pictures. I got it to line up ready for that... but not sure how to change the text/icons into pictures if there is coding for it?

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
  1. Try removing the // at the start of those lines. As-is, they are marked as comment lines and will have no effect on the code. :)

2. I don't see anything in the code about drawing picture backgrounds for each selectable item in the category list. I think you'd need an override (i.e. a little extension plugin) for that window's drawItem method, to draw the picture background appropriate for that index instead of whatever text would otherwise be shown.

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I removed the // first thing. It didn't ssem to do anything.

I also don't know what it is trying to reference. Title1 is what? The folder is Titles1 with an s. But referencing that gives off an error. So does changing it to pictures or anything else.

Book doesn't even exist as an image anywhere in my project, yet no error if I use the code as is.

Ah, I thought as much. But wasn't sure if there was an easy insert image option haha.

Also can't seem to get the message to work under lunatic for when you gain a quest or complete one. Was also hoping to use arisu's notification plugin code for that.

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Anyone help with this?

I just need to figure out the right code to set pic_3 from the pictures folder as the background when you open the journal and I just don't understand what to change in the lunatic coding to make that work.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just tried this out with only the Quest Journal plugin active and the default "Book" title image present, and it seems to work for me. I uncommented those two lines, saved the project to apply Plugin Manager changes, then tested: the quest menu in-game showed the custom background image (Book.png) rather than the default (blurred mapshot).

ImageManager.loadTitle1 is a method that returns a reference to an image retrieved from a file in the project's img/titles1 folder. This is typically a "background" title image.

If you want to reference img/pictures/pic_3.png, try this instead:
JavaScript:
background.bitmap = ImageManager.loadPicture("pic_3");
this.fitScreen(background);
If that doesn't work, there may be a plugin incompatibility. In that case, check that your Yanfly plugins are in the recommended order, seen here:

ZankokuNoYami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Bam! Thank you so much!

I didn't have the book image, but also wanted to originally give me an error when I tried to use my own image within that folder (super odd). But that change there didnt pass an error.

Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another gaming question, i'm currently playing Last of Us 2 and want to get another game to play next but can't decide between Ghost of Tsushima, Miles Morales & Jedi Fallen Order. After the latest mandalorian i AM on a star wars kick, but i also LOVED the last spiderman game that prequels Miles Morales. Ghost of Tsushima is the bottom of my list but i heard it was AWESOME. Just want a good story & fun gameplay.
I checked out Genshin Impact gameplay out of curiosity. I can't believe it's available as a mobile game too. Smooth animation, great music, and stellar sound effects (the ambient sounds are pretty detailed).

I'm flabbergasted to see games have becoming more and more advanced. Maybe also because I'm oblivious to current trend for a long time, it almost feel like I'm being sent into distant future. xD
xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasapembuatanwebsite