Yanfly Region Events - not reading backtrack

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by silvestro673, Sep 28, 2018.

1. silvestro673

silvestro673 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    it works awesome but..

during a playtest i have regions 42 and 43 side by side.

first i step on 42 and see all effects as expected.
    second I step on 43 and see all effects as expected

wait a sec then step back to the 42. and yes 42 all plays out again.

if i don't wait that second when returning from 43 to 42, after backstepping onto 42, 42's sequences don't activate.

the movement is done via keyboard arrow keys. rmmv 1.6.1

anyplayer would discover this glitch. How did you guys solve this while keeping 2 regions side by side?

i've tried "wait", messege, balloons, bgs all as a delay on region 43. - no luck making 42 work after backstep

2. silvestro673

First Language:
    english
    almost a week and no replies. I think a bump is in order.
    For those of us using Yep_Region events, I can't have been the only one to discover this.

After further extensive tests, i've discovered that its not registering the 43 event id and seems to not trigger further region events until at least 2 region id 42 events have been passed through.

any hints at all?

ps, you can use even a simple text box for testing.

3. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please show us the events you have linked to those regions (screenshots).

I consider it extremely unlikely that this is caused by the plugin, because it is extremely unlikely that the plugin even stores the info where the player has been before, it should only trigger on entering independently of anything else.

More likely this is a timing problem caused from the eventing side of your game - as you said yourself something like this would have become obvious in other games if it really were in such a often-used plugin.

Second possible cause would be an incompatibility, can you check your projects core version (open the projects rpg_core.js with a text editor) and give a screenshot of your plugin manager?

4. silvestro673

First Language:
    english
    it seems i spoke too soon. I removed yep_region events from the equation by using "if x button pressed" that comes with rmmv. Again the same issue.

I created a new project with no plugins as well. Same issue.

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    then - as I asked above - you need to show us the events you're using.

Because I already told you above that it is extremely unlikely that the cause is by the plugin, so your last post just confirmed what I wrote above.
    The problem is most likely what you're doing within your events, and we need to see them to help you.