Yanfly Row Formation and Yanfly Battle Engine Core incompatibility bug.

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Papillon, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Papillon

Papillon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've come across an odd bug when using these two plugins:
    http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Battle_Engine_Core_(YEP)
    http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Row_Formation_(YEP)
    I have thoroughly tested my project and it only seems to occur if just Battle Engine Core is turned on.

What happens is that if I were to use a move that would shift an actor up or down a row, they only do if either of the following happens:
    A ) The actor takes damage and flinches
    or
    B ) Three actors have selected actions after them.

If a battler uses a move they will gain the state of being in a different row but will not actually move.

I'm not sure what causes this nor do I have any idea how to fix it. No plugins have been added to my project since this has started. It happens even with just these two plugins turned on. All Yanfly plugins have been sorted into the correct order.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  2. Tiamat-86

Tiamat-86 old jrpg gamer Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    are the plugins up to date? if RPGM updates u usually have to update ur plugins too

3. Papillon

Papillon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I found the issue.
    For some reason setting the Step Distance parameter in the Battle Engine plugin to 0 breaks all animations.

4. caethyril

caethyril ^_^ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Battle Engine Core + Row Formation plugins only, BEC step distance = 0. A <Push Back Target Row: 1> tagged skill seems to work fine for me, as expected. :kaoswt:

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    did you start a new game for playtest after turning off the other plugins?
    Part of the plugin data is stored into savefiles, and loading a savefile from when the other plugins were still active will cause problems because the engine can't handle that data from the now disabled plugins.
    And even if you think all plugins were in the correct order a screenshot of your plugin manager might reveal other problems.
    (there was one other user this week who also claimed to have all plugins in the correct order and it was later revealed he misunderstood that and believed it applied only to "this requires other plugin xy" and not to every single of yanfly's plugins, his order was a big mess).