Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using the Yanfly Row Formation plugin and I need a notetag for ranged weapons that will ignore rows. 
My two rows are:
-Front, no change
-Back, 50% Attack, 200% Defense, +20 Evasion, -20 Hit Rate
Specifically, I want the weapons to deal the same amount of damage from the back row, but still give the user the added protection.
Here is a link to the plugin: 
http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/02/yep-54-row-formation/

Last edited by a moderator:

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you're using Taunt plugin, you can use the bypass taunt notetag.

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're using Taunt plugin, you can use the bypass taunt notetag.

I set up the stat modifiers for rows simply by assigning them using states. It's all a part of the Row Formation plugin.

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
By default, regardless which row you are in, you still can be targetted. To make sure row 1 always gets targetted (physically, at least), you need the Taunt plugin and use the <Physical Taunt> for your row 1 state. Then just use the <Bypass Taunt> for all of your ranged skills.

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By default, regardless which row you are in, you still can be targetted. To make sure row 1 always gets targetted (physically, at least), you need the Taunt plugin and use the <Physical Taunt> for your row 1 state. Then just use the <Bypass Taunt> for all of your ranged skills.

Hm... I think you may be a bit confused by what I was asking. I still want both rows to be able to be targeted by both physical and ranged attacks. What I am trying to set up is a way for players in the back row equipped with ranged weapons to deal the same amount of damage as if they were in the front row, but still gain the extra defense of being in the back row.

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah, okay. I apologise for the confusion.

What you can do is create two states for row 2; one for ranged units and one for non-ranged. Then you can just use the Conditional Row notetag and check for the user weapon type equipped and assign respectively. :)

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, okay. I apologise for the confusion.

What you can do is create two states for row 2; one for ranged units and one for non-ranged. Then you can just use the Conditional Row notetag and check for the user weapon type equipped and assign respectively. :)

Thanks! I just have one question though. What is the condition for equipment type and where do I assign that to back row state 1 or back row state 2? In other words, what would the following tag look like if I wanted Bow type weapons to ignore rows (back row state 2)?

<Custom Row Condition>

if (user.hp / user.mhp <= 0.25) {

condition = true;

} else {

condition = false;

}

</Custom Row Condition>

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Surgically removing people's faces and grafting them on to other people is kind of fun.

(editing character art busts for my game)
I think sleep is like a foreign language to me.
I really love it when major blocks preventing me from going all out in game design get shattered.

Like finally developing a fully functioning Technical Machine system where certain characters cannot learn certain moves.

You have no idea how much that helps me.
Streaming some game development! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsenic333