YanFly Row Formation

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Caramell, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Caramell

Caramell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    OHHH! Wow that was not well explained in the video, thank you!

2. Michael Caiola

Michael Caiola The Stone Bull Veteran

First Language:
    English
    No problem. I'm happy I could help.

3. silvestro673

silvestro673 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    I'm just reading up of the row formations. If I'm understanding it right, if I want 2 slimes in different rows. Then I have to make two enemies (slime and duplicate slime) and then put <Default Row: 1> on the original slime and <Default Row: 2> on the duplicate.

Then in the troops window, visually arrange the duplicate slime into a back row position. Theoretically place it anywhere but it will always have row 2 states unless row is changed.

if this is correct, then do I have to make 3 of every enemy, one for each of 3 rows?

Also you spoke of ranged weapons. If I were to make a slingshot (not a rpgmv default weapon). How will the game know its a ranged weapon for basic attack?

update:

Trying it out. I have basic attack on <Row Only: 1> and enemies in various <Default Row: x>. But the basic attack done with a default dagger still can target any enemy regardless what row they are in. Based on the video there should be some way to prevent targeting the back rows.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2016
  4. Michael Caiola

Michael Caiola The Stone Bull Veteran

First Language:
    English

I'm pretty sure you can just have one slime enemy, use multiple instances of it in the troop, and use troop events to assign them to rows. I haven't tested it out, but I think that should work.

In the plugin parameters you can assign states to each row. You need to use those states to change how the rows work.

For example, add a state to the first player row that only allows attacks to the first enemy row. Or add a state to the front enemy that doesn't allow ranged weapons.