J_spencer93

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am using yanflys Row and Selection plugins but can not get the game to allow me to attack Row 2 no matter what weapon is equipped.

Vendena

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Moon Runes
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please elaborate a bit better, I'm also having issues with this plugin.

J_spencer93

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a troop made like this:
Row 1: Slime
Row 2: bat
Row 3: Shade

My party is such:
Main has a bow with a note of <Weapon Ranged>
While another ally has a sword

I can only ever attack the slime. Also when i use a skill to knock slime to Row 2, it allows targeting both in row 2 like normal, but he doesn't move. Knowing how to actually make him move to Row 2 would be nice.

Vendena

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Moon Runes
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait, who doesn't move? The slime? Or your swordie? You want the swordie to attack Row 2 enemies after pushing the Slime from Row 1 to 2?

Vendena

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Moon Runes
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That can be caused by many things. Upload a picture of your plugin parameters, like THIS and the notetags of your Slime and the notetags of the Slime's attack.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
<Weapon Ranged> is a skill/item notetag: it changes the selectable targets to match the range of the equipped weapon. :)

The notetag on your bow weapon should be <range> or <ranged> (check the plugin help). Selection Control also has some relevant plugin parameters (Physical Front Row, Physical Weapon Range, Default Weapon Range) that you might want to check out if you haven't already~

If you want the battler sprite to move right up to the enemy before swinging their sword, the typical approach is action sequences (e.g. Yanfly's Battle Engine Core and Action Sequence Pack 2).

J_spencer93

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
<Weapon Ranged> is a skill/item notetag: it changes the selectable targets to match the range of the equipped weapon. :)

The notetag on your bow weapon should be <range> or <ranged> (check the plugin help). Selection Control also has some relevant plugin parameters (Physical Front Row, Physical Weapon Range, Default Weapon Range) that you might want to check out if you haven't already~

If you want the battler sprite to move right up to the enemy before swinging their sword, the typical approach is action sequences (e.g. Yanfly's Battle Engine Core and Action Sequence Pack 2).
My note might be wrong then, I'll check.

Just checked, here is how the plugin helps has it and how I have it. Doesn't work.

<Weapon Range>
<Weapon Ranged>
Requires YEP_RowFormation.js. This will make the selection of targets vary
based on the battler's weapon range. If the weapon is 'melee', then it
will target the front row only. If the weapon is 'ranged', then it can
target any row the battler wants.

As for the move part, think your misunderstanding my issue there.

My character moves up, uses his skill to knock the slime 1 row back (to row 2) but the slime physically appears in row 1 still, everything else proceeds as should.

Vendena

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Moon Runes
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I got it wrong as well. To begin with, is it even possible to visually move the location of the enemy like that? I thought that the whole "move rows" thing was supposed to be for the actual characters.

J_spencer93

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I got it wrong as well. To begin with, is it even possible to visually move the location of the enemy like that? I thought that the whole "move rows" thing was supposed to be for the actual characters.
The video for the plugin shows it lol beyond that, idk. Also noticed when the Row plugin is on, it causes a 5 second delay between turn starts and choosing a command.

As soon as i turn it off it works fine.
Also in the selection control video he somehow shuts off only melee weapons for rows 2 and 3 but doesn't really explain how. Simply says it shuts off melee weapons. I can still attack with them in any row.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh whoops, yes, sorry. :kaoslp:

It's late for me, so I don't have time to test right now, but the code looks like it should refresh sprite positions after changing rows. Maybe try setting Row Formation's Adjust Relative plugin parameter to true? Also, did you check the Selection Control parameters I suggested? Maybe Yanfly was demonstrating the Physical Front Row option? :kaoswt:

(Plugin links, just for convenience/reference: Row Formation, Selection Control, and requisites Target Core, Battle Engine Core.)

If that doesn't help, definitely consider posting screenshots like @Vendena suggested~!

J_spencer93

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yea checked all those, even changed that to active and not lol
It seems to me either I am doing the tags on the weapon wrong or something, as melee weapons work fine but ranged do not.
I even started a new project to just test out these 5 plugins and still having the same results (except the slowdown during combat which seems like a conflict somewhere).

I have managed to get everything else to work from these plugins, it's just the row movement and ranged weapons not working.
Slow down was fixed by putting Row directly under battle core.

Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 5.53.10 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 5.53.19 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 5.53.33 PM.png

Last edited:

Vendena

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Moon Runes
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First, disable "Physical Front Row" or even the ranged monsters won't be able to attack your heroes from Row 2 and 3.
Second, <Weapon Ranged> goes in the Skill. In the actual bow goes <Ranged>

Also in the selection control video he somehow shuts off only melee weapons for rows 2 and 3 but doesn't really explain how. Simply says it shuts off melee weapons. I can still attack with them in any row.
This is what I can't seem to be able to solve.

J_spencer93

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First, disable "Physical Front Row" or even the ranged monsters won't be able to attack your heroes from Row 2 and 3.
Second, <Weapon Ranged> goes in the Skill. In the actual bow goes <Ranged>

This is what I can't seem to be able to solve.
Sweet that is fixed now. And yea...not sure how he did it. Usually his tutorials are great but this one seems a little rushed.
Almost seems like he created 2 attacks skills, one ranged and one melee, and shuts off the melee one for row 2 and 3.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Selection Control should load before Row Formation, see the order listed here:
https://yanflyengineplugins.itch.io/yanfly-engine-plugins-full-collection

It seems to all work OK for me...for the Selection Control plugin I have Physical Front Row = false, Physical Weapon Range = true, Default Weapon Range = false; untagged weapons are treated as "melee", i.e. physical hit skills using them can only target the front-most (living) row of enemies.

Alternatively you could set all three of those plugin parameters to false so nothing is automatic, then mark every skill that should be weapon-ranged with a <Weapon Ranged> tag.

Vendena

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Moon Runes
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Almost seems like he created 2 attacks skills, one ranged and one melee, and shuts off the melee one for row 2 and 3.
I'm not sure if that's how he did it, but I solved it like that. I used Weapon Unleash and made a copy of the first skill in the database (the attack skill) for the bows. For the "melee" attack, I gave it the notetag:
<Row Only: 1>
So it can be only used while in the front row. The "ranged" attack is left as it is. Then for the actual bows, or other ranged weapons, I gave them this notetag:
<Replace Attack: X>
(X would be the ID of the "ranged" skill)

That way any "melee" fighter in Row 2 or 3 have the Attack command sealed, while anything with a ranged weapon can attack from any Row.

Alphaistimz

AlphaDio Production
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV

J_spencer93

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Selection Control should load before Row Formation, see the order listed here:
https://yanflyengineplugins.itch.io/yanfly-engine-plugins-full-collection

It seems to all work OK for me...for the Selection Control plugin I have Physical Front Row = false, Physical Weapon Range = true, Default Weapon Range = false; untagged weapons are treated as "melee", i.e. physical hit skills using them can only target the front-most (living) row of enemies.

Alternatively you could set all three of those plugin parameters to false so nothing is automatic, then mark every skill that should be weapon-ranged with a <Weapon Ranged> tag.
When I load it this way it causes a major lag during combat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally the new pc is working!! But it seems a lost my license to Windows 10 because of the hardware changing :(
Tune in next time for our newest Episode: "PC issues return! Palm uses every swear in the lexicon!"
gotta update my game project thread page later
So trying out Ultra Mode 7 was a bad idea. How do I not include this in my game? XD
Stumbled upon an RPG Maker game on Steam called 'Boobs vs Zombies' while looking for a zombie themed fantasy RTS. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HimitsuYuki