Yanfly Script Calls/Note Tags

Smelipanda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I wanted to share a resource I've been working on for quite awhile now (and will continue to work on and expand) and am looking for some feedback/expansion ideas. I put together an open office doc and a google doc of the script calls and plug in commands used in yanflys scripts. This includes a link to the yanfly script, all the necessary commands for it to work and the plug in commands used in the event box. I right now have all the way through his skill plugins and im going to continue to keep adding to this. The biggest advantage is having all the calls in one place AND the location where these calls will be used. As things progress I do have a couple ideas where i plan on taking this but wanted to get this out to you guys asap.

https://goo.gl/YI3Ucy

Future plans I have for the doc will include
The ability to filter out all note tags by their use (IE see all note tags used in the character note tag and their respective plug in)

Formula's and Usage of the damage formula (WIP)

Other Large script cores and their respective calls as well

Finishing yanflys scripts

any suggestions/questions would be awesome and i hope you guys find this useful. 

Thanks ~~ Smelipanda

As of 12/23 I have all script calls and plug in commands all the way up to Utility plugins.(this is about 39 scripts!) Please feel free to share it, i do continue to add much more to it!

As of 12/24, I have finished the Utility Scripts, and went through the whole damage formula forum topic and added all the stats/conditions i could find and they are now on the 2nd page (named Damage Form)

As of 12/28, All of Yanfly's new scripts have been added, Damage formula has been expanded and mistakes have been found and corrected! I have made a filter list but due to limitations with google doc, you will have to download it to be able to filter it. I have installed with filters all you, will need to do is filter by "filled cells" and it will remove all the unnecessary note tag locations. It will keep the header of each (IE Battle core) but if there is no used note tags it will be empty 

Last edited by a moderator:

ArcheoFox

Novice
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I was hoping someone to do it one day, that would be extremely helpful! Thank you very much to you and of course for its excellent Yanfly plugins.

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thanks. Really. This is gonna be very useful !

ragnorak6608

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This is a godsend, all the calls in one place. Thank you so much!!

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could we possibly get a list of all the Lunatic Codes used by Yanfly's Plugins?

Smelipanda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I can certainly make an effort to get those included though i will likely put them on a separate tab. I am also looking for input from you guys if theres other plugins/creators i should reach out to, to add to the spreadsheet :) . What plugins have you found that you felt was such a time save or really added depth to your game or any creators that i could add to it?

Psiho_c

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello

I need help with battle positions without them being off. I'm using many of yanfly's scrips even if I don't know anything about them.

Each time I make troops (special battle and not random), I wish to keep the format of how they are place for each troop, but sadly, due to the background image I don't have any reference point. How can I make the enemy to follow the auto placements according to the row number like my party members have in a mirror version?  Sorry, I'm really bad with scrips and plugs. My main reason is because I'm using the option of having human enemy instead of monsters and it just make it look silly that they have the same formation but one team is higher then the other and so on, taking forever to adjust it.

Ragnak

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I can certainly make an effort to get those included though i will likely put them on a separate tab. I am also looking for input from you guys if theres other plugins/creators i should reach out to, to add to the spreadsheet :) . What plugins have you found that you felt was such a time save or really added depth to your game or any creators that i could add to it?

It would be interesting to use the Camera controls from Action Sequence Pack 3 in the battle events to make superior scripted scenes!

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
omg this is useful! especially during long late night coding sessions, I will eventually turn dyslexic and screw up with a mistype, then spend a week finding the error that won't show up in notepad ++ (since it's still technically right, just wrong lolz)

wolfpak692

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
this is awesome... especially being a newbie who knows next to nothing... i have been trying to figure out how to use script calls and notetags.. ty so much for this..

silvestro673

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I would love to see a list of syntaxes that show every trait and effect. For those of us who have no experience (i'll include myself there), a sample of how to apply to troop/party/enemy/actor/user/target setting, calling (getting) them. 

$gameVariables.setValue(8, 5)

in this sample: it sets variable id of 8 to be 5

$gameVariables.value(8)

and in this sample: it calls for the value of variable id 8

but what about how to call/set a skill or element or state or item/weapon/armor? I know they exist but i'm having trouble locating them. setting the item/weapon/armor should be left alone imo but I would would like to call them. elements to change the attack element or element defense rate etc.

The Script Call List only covers what can be done in a common events. And the awesome list here is basically stand alone scripts. With the syntax, one can do some wonderful and new styles of damage calculations/effects as well as go crazy in lunatic mode (aka scripting).

Either i missed something BIG and this isn't needed or no one uses it. But it seems like near everything i'm trying to put into my game is beyond the preset capabilities.

Zeustiak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is a great resource!  Is it more or less up to date, or discontinued?  

swagloco

Super Duper
Reaction score
First Language
English,Spanish
Primarily Uses
I made an account just to thank you for this. This is amazing. It will make my looking around the internet for small scraps of info a far less time consuming effort. Thank you so much.

James

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much. I've struggling with a formula for about a week and thanks to your sheet I was finally able to make it work!

zacheatscrackers

Machinehead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very convenient list here! Thanks a bunch~ It'll definitely help speed up my game-making a bit.

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I hope it's not a faux paus for me to post this...but the link says it's in the trash, and that it'll be unavailable soon. I'm also not seeing an updated link- should we expect one?

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Smelipanda hasn't been online in well over a year so I would say no.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Is it okay to hug a tree? :/
The new intro Logo for my videos.

I speed it up, the one I use to use was to long.
The workweek is now over. Now I can work on my GamZzzzzZzzzzZzzzZzzZz....
Just watched Onward with the family. One of the best movies I've ever seen. <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Illuminachos