Not open for further replies.

Senshu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
      Hey guys, I'm having some rather large issues with a Script that I'm relying on a lot. It's Yanfly's Class script. Along with the JP manager.

http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/jp-manager/ <---------JP Manager

Here are the issues. Changing Classes/Subclasses will sometimes give the character A LOT of JP, like, 200 each time. Also even though
I set it to false, a main class can use a sub classes weapon, which I don't want because it could lead to balancing issues.

As a bonus question, I'm also having an issue where if I give a Dagger the "Dual Wield" weapon slot, any weapon can be Dual Wielded, not just other daggers. Is there a way to specify that a weapon cannot be dual wielded?

thank you for your time and patience.

http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/class-system/ <------- Class System

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As a bonus question, I'm also having an issue where if I give a Dagger the "Dual Wield" weapon slot, any weapon can be Dual Wielded, not just other daggers. Is there a way to specify that a weapon cannot be dual wielded?
"Dual Wield" is a feature, not a slot.
Features are added to the actor, and as long as he has that feature, the actor's slots are changed so that any weapon can be added to the second weapon slot but he no longer has a shield.

If you want to make a dagger usable in the "shield" slot, make an armor type "2nd weapon", make an armor "dagger" with that type and allow that type only to the actors who should be able to use it, without using the "dual wield" feature.

"dual wield" will always give the actor two full weapon slots to use, and any weapon usable by the actor can be placed in both slots.

If you want to have a better control on what which actor can equip, then you need to add one of the equip manager scripts - but then the equipment in your game will need a lot more work to function with the additional equip options, no matter which of the several equip manager scripts you'll be using.

Petite Elite

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The JP issue you mentioned has actually been fixed. If you look down the comments of the JP manager page, a guy named SoundReaper added a patch for the script that solves the issue.

Senshu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you both:

Andar thanks for the tips, I'll just make do with what I can, and be careful with "Thief" type classes

Petite thank you and sorry I missed that, I'll go get that patch now, as it was a pretty bad bug to deal with!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

$Syringer.png
toying with a brand new monster design
Another doodle! Green-haired girl has no name yet, so, any suggestions?
She is about the same age as Nikki, and she is the last one of her clan, known for their innate skills in manipulating both ice and fire. She is a bit stubborn, as well as having a soft spot for kids.
Mystery messages from my AI assistant. :kaojoy:
1632842960834.png
Made some updates to a previous project I was working on. Trying to mimic the 16 bit Squaresoft aesthetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mead80