Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay so what I have done so far (Images below) is create an event using MogHunter's Chrono-Engine ABS system and his tools to try and make a farming system. The following pages are a Collision ID for a Hoe, to till the soil on Page 1. Page 2 is collision ID's for any seeds (I am testing with two different types right now, just turnip and grape.) I have got it to recognize which seed I used, and plant the correct one, which is seen on page three. (The Seed Tool for Mog's plugin is what switches the seed variable and then the event reads that variable and puts in the correct Self Variable, so that doing things in one plot doesn't effect them all. Page 4 is what I am working on now. I am using Yanfly's self-variables again to get the location of the event. I have tested it with other events and text dialogue to let me know what their self-variable is, and Yanfly's doesn't seem to be the issue as each event can accurately tell me its x and y location based on its self variable EventX= Event X and same for the Event's Y position. It is not Player position because I have a parallel process running that always changes variable player x and player y to the player's location and have tested it also with text boxes telling me the \v[ ] Values and it is always accurate.

So What is my problem then? Well once I water one crop, I am unable to water the others. I have tried putting Yanfly's self-variables for the Event's coordinates in the events themselves, in the Seed common event, and in the Water Common event. Nothing seems to work. I can hoe both plots, plant turnip seeds in both, but only one will water. It is not always the first one on the screen nor is it the first one to be planted or the first one to attempt to be watered. For some reason RPGMaker picks only one plot for this to work. I also copy/pasted the events from one spot to another so they are always the same, but regardless of which one is first it doesn't matter.

Sorry if I forgot something. x.x

Page 1
upload_2018-8-21_21-27-5.png

Page 2
upload_2018-8-21_21-27-27.png

Page 3
upload_2018-8-21_21-28-12.png

Page 4
upload_2018-8-21_21-28-39.png

Common Event: Seeds
upload_2018-8-21_21-29-36.png

Common Event: Water
upload_2018-8-21_21-29-54.png

Tool: Water Can
upload_2018-8-21_21-30-23.png

Espilonarge

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There are two reasons why it's not working for you.

1) A Self Switch/Variable only affects the event that it's called from (hence the "Self" part much like when you're using A/B/C/D) so unless you're using a "SelfSwitch" or "SelfVariable" plugin command to target other events specifically, the Self Switch/Variable will only affect/apply to the event that called for it.
2) Your event is not checking itself for the Self Switch/Variable on any of the events pages. Essentially, you're still only using A/B/C when you also need to "specify" the Self Switch/Variable you've set in the event. A common event can not apply a Self Switch/Variable to an event if the event does not have its own "Self Switch" or "Self Variable" set under the events conditions.

I suggest watching Yanfly's tutorial regarding respawning events when using Self Variables/Switches as it will provide a better example regarding what I'm talking about.

boikish

Always trying to help :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What turns on switches Water2 and Grow?

Why are you turning off Self Switch B within the event, on the Self Switch B page?

I feel like this whole thing is very messy and rather overly complicated.

I recommend using the video that the user above posted and using the tool system to advance events to get the results that you desire.

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What turns on switches Water2 and Grow?

Why are you turning off Self Switch B within the event, on the Self Switch B page?

I feel like this whole thing is very messy and rather overly complicated.

I recommend using the video that the user above posted and using the tool system to advance events to get the results that you desire.

I have updated it a bit using the information, but the reason for the self switches was that once they are all off it will cycle back to the beginning. The water2 and grow switches are turned on automatically in another event at the corner of the page. Currently I have gotten rid of the water event entirely because it isn't working right and I was doing yanfly's little respawn trick first.

Also sorry for the mess I am very new to this xD I have been playing with RMMV for a few months and have made small sample projects to get used to how it works but this is my first try on complicated systems in an attempt to make a prototype game with base graphics just to see what I can and cannot do.
New Page 3
upload_2018-8-22_12-21-7.png

New Growth Common event
upload_2018-8-22_12-24-46.png

The sleep cycle, update growth, and crop growth have all been built as per Yanfly's video, which is what cycles the Growth Self Variable.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh, can't decide what to make next!
The Dystopia
ikW0BYF.png
Recently got RPG Maker MZ. A bit slower with my current PC but I will be getting a new one soon.
evening progress; pretty happy where this is at so i'll take the rest of the night to myself =w=
5NJGyKY.png
It would seem learning JS is not a know it all for making plugins. While it has enabled me to understand what I'm looking at, I still have to find the relevant information in the core scripts. This is much harder than learning JS IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sograyish