ChaosGameMaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am trying to set my damage formula for skills like the formulas for final fantasy 7:
(Spell power*22)+[(level+magic attack)*6]

But instead of spell power, I want to use the skills mastery level from yanfly skill mastery plug-in.

Not sure how to make it do.

Thank you

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
From the Skill Mastery help file: a.skillMasteryLevel(skillId)

ChaosGameMaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay, I still dont think i understand how this functions.
Would i just substitute spellpower with a.skillMasteryLevel(skillId)?

[a.skillMasteryLevel(skillId)*22]+[(level+magic attack)*6]

in the damage formula window for the skill???

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your syntax is...not right. If you read what I gave you that you pasted in, "skillId" doesn't mean anything, you need to type in the ID of the skill you're checking the level of.

Additionally, this is game code, just typing the words "level" and "magic attack" doesn't mean anything.

Additionally additionally, you can't use braces in your damage formula - this isn't math, it's code.

Additionally additionally additionally, your formula currently doesn't take into account any stats from the target defending against the attack, which is almost certainly not what you want.

You should look at and read the example formula provided in the editor, and then read how damage formulae work before making up your own. Here's a good thread:

ChaosGameMaker

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you, The guidance is very much appreciated.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Alien Worlds, Minecraft Blocks, Extend Options, Fine Speed Control, Art by Muggu | RPG Maker News #33

Rest in Peace vlog gun...
vloggunsmallface.png
Another unnamed character, and probably last one for now.
She's a dragon girl inspired by fafnir dragon. as always, name suggestion is welcomed.
Dragon_Girl.jpg

Dragon_Girl_1.png
Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piscesperez