captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Okay, so, working with the Yanfly suite of plugins, and taking some cues from their tutorial on doing the FF Dragoon-style Jump attack (or, Pokemon-style Fly attack), I managed to work out how to create a Blur/Hide/Stealth skill/state which actually changes the sprite's opacity.
This is what I have for those (under a spoiler for space-saving)
upload_2019-7-14_14-49-27.png
So, this is the Blur Skill, which puts the Blur state on the actor. The Blur state has this in the note tags:
// Buffs & States Core

<Custom Leave Effect>

// Get the reappear skill.

var skill = 35;

// Get the last targeted index.

var target = -2;

// Queue the forced action.

BattleManager.queueForceAction(user, skill, target);

</Custom Leave Effect>
upload_2019-7-14_14-48-39.png
This is the Fadein skill, which is triggered when the state expires, basically to return the actor's opacity to normal.

The problem i'm having is when i use the Duplicity spell to apply the Blur state to all allies. This is in the Notes for Duplicty:
upload_2019-7-14_14-52-26.png
now, after some tweaking i did find that changing Opacity User to Opacity Actors in the skill does apply the opacity reduction to all actors. The issue is that the opacity effect is ONLY thing that happens. The skill animation doesn't play and the state does not get applied to any of the actors.

CLEARLY, I am doing something wrong, but i have NO idea what. Any help?

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Bump! Hopefully someone who knows more about this than i do can help!

Jules98

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
'action animation' and 'action effect' currently don't have a target, that might be it.

That wouldn't be entirely logical, though, as even without a target, they should still at least be affecting the default target as set in the editor (the user).

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
OKAY, SO....

I did some more research and fiddling around and found the MAIN problem was that SOMEHOW, the Duplicity skill was set to only affect DEAD allies. I don't know how, but I fixed it and the animations played and the skill applied.
I feel quite stupid.
I also did some tweaking and removed some lines that felt unnecessary from the notes, as it caused the skill animation to play several times instead of just once, and made Levi (the caster) wait a few seconds before returning to the group formation.
99190-f00b9b05c820c1ac072a040a1ffbe062.jpg

Levi still doesn't return to the group immediately upon casting, but i'm calling that acceptable cuz i'm just so tired and already feel stupid for not noticing the targets were changed to Dead allies instead of living.
Case closed, i guess, lol.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 3

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

yRMekcF.gif

Run, <null> run!
(sprite got butchered a bit while making gif file...)
WOOP WOOP!
NEW CHARACTER ALERT!!!
Please, welcome to the stage...
Ramona Albright.png

Ramona Albright! A 20-year old World Key Guardian in training (More about the WKG's soon!), She is very impulsive, which leads us to the problem of the game. OOF. Kinda wanna wait till you know how to use the friggin World Key, huh?!
Bust sketch here!
IMG_20220124_110105.jpg
Little-by-little, keep improving your projects. That's how you finish them! ;)
Now it's official: My first RPG Maker game released on Steam will be released this year! I am so glad for this achievement and I am so happy to see a lot of gamedevs like me here working on what we love!
Mais informações no Post.png
Check out my MZ thread for 2 new waterplant edits and my MZVind water autotiles now without ground/cliffs, so you can put them on your own ground-tiles. Have fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uperr