Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using Yanfly's plugins, and one of the plugins I'm using is the Subclass plugin. I had this idea of having multiple 'classes' based on what class is subclassed with what, and one of the ideas was doubleclassing, in essence, having, say, Knight/Knight as Defender. However, as it is now, I can't seem to have a Knight/Knight class/subclass arrangement, which could potentially throw the entire dynamic I have set up out the proverbial window.

My question is: Is it possible to set up a double class in this manner, and if so, how can I make it work?

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*Slightly less subtle jostle.*

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*Slightly annoyed bump.*

Fornoreason1000

Black Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok it sounds like you want to mix two classes to make a class? 

e.g Black Mage subclas White mage = Red Mage?
 Black Mage +_ Black Mage = Black Wizard?

If thats the case create another class called defender, when you choose Knight twice, you subclass will be defender.. With the Extra class we can give it lets the Actor would be able to use Greatsheilds if they Doubleclass knight. we add the Greatsheilds Trait to the Defender class. 

so in theory its Knight + Knight = Defender.

but Yanfly's script will see it as

Primary = Knight, Sub = Defender 

to make that work you need to setup some conditions so that Yanflys script will know what to do when it encounters a Double class. 

To Acheive this. 

- the Double class place holder needs to be Unacceptable by the change class system or it won't work, or just defeat the purpose. Yanfly's  <Subclass Only> works for us. but we also don't want it seletacble along with knight as a subclass. we can either remove defender or knight from that list. i like the latter.

- A setting defining the ID of the class of each acceptable class when that class is double classed
- Extend Yanflys script to accommodate accordingly

Last edited by a moderator:

Diretooth

Lv. 25 Werewolf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The way I have it set up right now, with two variations of the same class, but one that is primary only and the other that is subclass only, does the most basic of what I need, creating the Defender Subclass, but it is not what I want, which is using the same class twice. As I had it before, I had just the four classes I needed. Knight, Thief, Grey Mage, and Chemist. As I have it now, I have copies of the same class, bringing it up to eight. To me, this is messy and makes things much harder than I need it. As such, when I would have the same, singular class as both primary and secondary, the 'subclass' would grow with the 'primary', leveling and having greater bonuses than having the copies of one primary, one secondary. From testing with this scenario, the subclass does not seem to level with the primary, necessitating some sort of percentile rate or something to remain useful beyond creating a Knight/Knight class called Defender.

Flavorwise, subclassing as the same class would be seen as forming the most pure iteration of that classtype, a Defender capable of tanking attacks, a Ninja who is quicker than any, but is heavily reliant on critical hits to deal massive damage, A Grey Sage that has greater capacity to use spells that other higher echelons of spellcasters could use, yet still not the absolutes of say White and Black mages, and the Doctor whose skill with items makes them ever more potent.

This is ideal for me, to use one class twice. It's simpler, easier to balance, and given that one of the core aspects of gameplay is mixing and matching the classes so players can have the playstyle they want without having too convoluted a process to do so... Well, that's pretty cool in my eyes.

In any case, if the subclasses do actually level, but more slowly, then that would add another dynamic, allowing the player to level other classes at the same time, saving time that would otherwise be spent on grinding.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kono