Alkaline

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been trying to use the synthesis plugin but it doesnt show up in the main menu, even after acquiring the ingredients for a recipe. I made an event to force open synthesis and that's what i got:
1594253782626.png

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmmm...could you screenshot your weapon recipe?

EDIT: From the looks of it, you have 1 weapon that has it's ingredients set up, but you don't have an item set up to act as that weapons recipe. You'll want to make an item that looks like this:

1594258218090.png

The portion of this image that pertains to your situation is the <Weapon Recipe: 1, 2, 3, 9, 11, 12, 15>
notetag. So when the player has this item in their inventory, they gain the ability to craft weapons 1, 2, 3, 9, 11, 12 and 15 from my database, which are all the melee weapons made from iron.

So, not only do craftable items(weapons and armor included) need to have a given recipe in their own notetags to denote which materials are used to create them, you also need to implement a separate item to give the player the ability to craft the items.

Last edited:

Alkaline

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this is the weapon i want to craft:
1594262158363.png
these are the item ingredients:
1594262203586.png
1594262226716.png

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your ingredients don't need any notetags to be used as ingredients, that's what the <Synthesis Ingredient> notetag is used for.

You need an item to serve as the physical recipe for the player to be able to craft the items you've linked ingredients to.

So instead of putting <Weapon Synthesis: 5> in the ingredient, make an item called "Super Sword Recipe" and add into it's notetag box: <Weapon Recipe: 5>

Alkaline

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did a test in another project before to craft this weapon:
1594267296722.png
Using these items:
1594267347233.png
1594267373031.png
and it all worked fine without needing a recipe item.
What's funny too is that the "Synthesis" command works fine for this project but doesnt even show up in the first one...

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In your second image, you have a notetag <Weapon Recipe: 5>

If you compare that you your second image from earlier, for the bat fang, you will see that the two notetags are different. <Weapon Synthesis: 5> is incorrect syntax of yanfly's Item Synthesis notetags.

To clarify, in your second set of images, your "Stiff Lizard Tail" is your weapon recipe, as it has the notetag: <Weapon Recipe: 5> If the player has "Stiff Lizard Tail" in their inventory, they have the ability to craft Weapon 5, as listed in the database.

Also, if you are using Yanfly's Item Core plugin, you cannot use independent items as ingredients! Notice the <Not Independent Item> notetag on the attached image, highlighted in blue.

1594268446688.png

1594268576633.png

Alkaline

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok so I fixed the syntax error, but the item disappears from the synthesis menu after crafting it as i run out of ingredients and so does the Synthesis command...

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your recipe is being consumed when you craft your weapon because it is also an ingredient. You've created a kind of loop. Also, without any recipes in your inventory, the crafting option does not show up in the menu. Yanfly coded his plugin this way intentionally.

The solution is to create a separate item to act as the recipe.

One method i use for testing purposes is to have a debug item that will not be available in the actual game that is a recipe for every item:

1594272516670.png

By putting:
<Item Recipe: 1 to 2000>
<Weapon Recipe: 1 to 2000>
<Armor Recipe: 1 to 2000>

This item will act as a recipe for any item I make into a craft-able item later.

Alkaline

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So if I got this right... That codex item allows the Synthesis command to be ever present and to keep the crafting list available to the player? Its a recipe but not an ingredient right?

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Correct, but it is also more than that. It is a tool for you, the developer so that you can always test your crafting system without having to make recipes for every craft able item just to test it out.

Alkaline

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But in the actual game the player won't have that tool right? Is there a way I can keep the synthesis and the craft list available for the player just so they would be able to check it during the game?

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There might be a way, I will check the plugin parameters tonight after work. And since the codex is an item in the database, theoretically, the player could have it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do you cure sleep problem? It has been 7 months and it's 3 AM now..
Darn you, Seals! Why do you gotta be so cute when on land?:kaoluv:
So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnthonyDewitt