(Yanfly) Trouble with independent items in crafting and item durability.

MeowCatMeow

Member, what did you expect?
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll get straight to the point; I want to use non-independent weapons in Yanfly's Item Synthesis to make a weapon with durability in Yanfly's Item Durability plugin. In this case scenario, I need both the the weapons used for crafting and the weapon crafted to have item durability. Is there a way to use independent items in crafting or have  non-independent items with durability? Please don't respond with something on the lines of "no, you can't" or "I don't know," as I view these responses as unhelpful and anti-motivating.

Maidlyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If someone can't tell you "No" then you will never know unless someone finds an answer someday. It would be better just to let people say, "No, that's not possible at this point in time," so that you aren't always waiting for an answer.

MeowCatMeow

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If someone can't tell you "No" then you will never know unless someone finds an answer someday. It would be better just to let people say, "No, that's not possible at this point in time," so that you aren't always waiting for an answer.

The point of me not wanting people to say no is that from past experiences I have found out that a multitude of people that have no idea what their talking about will tell me I can't do it. If it's legitimately not possible, that's not true; near anything is possible. If you are experienced in javascript and know it would be immensly difficult, I would appreciate you telling me it's immensly difficult. I don't want you to tell me something like this is impossible when we both know it is, just with effort. I don't want you to tell me it's not possible at this time because anything is possible at anytime with some effort. I don't want you to tell me nobody that has figured it out has posted publicly because I already know that and do my research before asking for help on a forum.

@LittleLeoGamer  Thank you posting this comment as it very much helped me understand that I could be a lot more specific with what I meant by not wanting people to tell me "no." I am not upset nor angry with you, please don't take this comment the wrong way.

Maidlyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The point of me not wanting people to say no is that from past experiences I have found out that a multitude of people that have no idea what their talking about will tell me I can't do it. If it's legitimately not possible, that's not true; near anything is possible. If you are experienced in javascript and know it would be immensly difficult, I would appreciate you telling me it's immensly difficult. I don't want you to tell me something like this is impossible when we both know it is, just with effort. I don't want you to tell me it's not possible at this time because anything is possible at anytime with some effort. I don't want you to tell me nobody that has figured it out has posted publicly because I already know that and do my research before asking for help on a forum.

@LittleLeoGamer  Thank you posting this comment as it very much helped me understand that I could be a lot more specific with what I meant by not wanting people to tell me "no." I am not upset nor angry with you, please don't take this comment the wrong way.

I'll try and figure out if you can do this. I'll let you know. :)

MeowCatMeow

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Still looking for an answer...

bump

Dr. Spacebar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Even though it's been a while, I ran into the same problem and have an answer to this question!

In rpg_objects.js in the js folder of your project, there's a method called Game_Party.prototype.numItems. If you have ItemCore and ItemSynthesis installed, paste this in its place:
Code:
Game_Party.prototype.numItems = function(item) {
  if (DataManager.isIndependent(item))
  {
    return this.numIndependentItems(item);
  }
  else
  {
    //only thing here that was here to begin with
    var container = this.itemContainer(item);
    return container ? container[item.id] || 0 : 0;
  }

};
This runs the independent item number method when ItemSynthesis asks for the number of an independent item type. One disadvantage of this method is that you can't choose which specific independent items get synth'd if you have upgrades or varying stats on them, but if that doesn't matter, this will do just fine.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Jeżeli jeszcze nie subskrybujecie to byłoby nam bardzo miło.
1.png
Potrzebujemy 100 subów na niestandardowy URL.
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.
I'm weird as there are a few game franchises I'll watch and read about, but have no interest in playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hidemitsu