YoshiElement

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using Yanfly's Visual HP Gauges and Skill Core to create a sort of Check skill that reveals the enemy's HP bar. I followed the Libra tutorial, and I have the skill itself setup perfectly, and it does what I need it to do.

However, when a player kills a monster, that also reveals the enemy's HP bar. I only want the HP bar to be revealed when using the Check skill. Changing Defeat First in the parameters to False makes the enemy HP bar permanently visible. Using the <Hide HP Gauge> notetag prevents the HP bar from ever being visible.

Is there a way for me to only make the HP bar visible when the Check skill is used?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you open the plugin in a text editor and go to line 347, and comment it out with // at the beginning of the line (reload the plugin in MV and save), it should do what you want.

As unsolicited advice from someone who has played a lot of video games - the system you're proposing is really annoying. Having to waste a turn in combat to get information on enemies is annoying and usually useless (it's almost always better to just spend that turn hitting them).

The idea of wasting a turn every time you want to see how close to dead that enemy is is doubly useless - again, just spend that action to do more damage and kill them. For me, if this system was in a game, I would never use it and just never see that HP gauge (like older Final Fantasies, etc.).

Just my two cents.

YoshiElement

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm... I can't seem to get your solution to work. My guess is that I did something wrong somewhere.1624579784993.png
Does this change look correct? If I did this correctly, then I suppose the next thing to ensure I'm doing correctly is "reloading the plugin in MV." Could you describe this process step-by-step?

In addition, I'd like to thank you for the advice. I'll certainly stew on it, but I'd like to at least see if I could get the initially proposed system functional first. Thank you for the help!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

how does everybody even finish anything

i have like 5 projects in the backburner and it's just so sad that i probably won't get to finish all or maybe even any of them
Did you know that 90% of people in the world use the number in their sentence as they see fit?
It's been a long time since I was here but I have a lot of updates... btw I am teaching again about game programming and game design in some schools here in Brazil hahahaha It's good to see kids and teens learning this kind of thing!
welp, I literally can't continue working on ALEX now that my MZ trial is up (unless I somehow place in the jam which I don't remotely deserve to for my unfinished crap) so I am back on my bullshit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H3ctorGH