Yanfly Weapons Animation crashing

chumon

Grunge Head
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Not sure whats wrong at all. I've been through every bit of posting that I can find on this and nothing is exactly whats happening here.

So Everything is set up to accept this wooden sword.

I've got it made in the 288x64 size.
I've got it in the folder....as you can see.

It's set to take from that folder...

I have the tags all set...

I then when I enter the battle and it gets to my turn this happens...

Anyone know exactly whats happening?

I'm at a loss...Thanks in advance.

oh and here is the plug in link. ----> http://yanfly.moe/2016/01/28/yep-63-weapon-animation/

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, your error screenshot tells it all.
Your game cannot load its resources because your directory structure contains a letter that is not allowed under networking rules.

See that "test%20game"?
The browser replaces spaces with %20 in error messages because it cannot handle them directly, and the same reason is why the file fails to load.

Windows has several idiotic overrides introduced by Microsoft "to make file use easier", but those never work correctly outside of windows and have created a lot of problems. And HTML5-games like the ones created by RMMV are for other operating systems as well, so they ignore the windows-only overrides.

Another problem might be the capitalisation - there is one override that forces windows to load the wrong file named "woodSword.png" if it doesn't find the correct file "WoodSword.png", because for windows there is no difference - but for all other OS those are two different files.

chumon

Grunge Head
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
yes, your error screenshot tells it all.
Your game cannot load its resources because your directory structure contains a letter that is not allowed under networking rules.

See that "test%20game"?
The browser replaces spaces with %20 in error messages because it cannot handle them directly, and the same reason is why the file fails to load.

Windows has several idiotic overrides introduced by Microsoft "to make file use easier", but those never work correctly outside of windows and have created a lot of problems. And HTML5-games like the ones created by RMMV are for other operating systems as well, so they ignore the windows-only overrides.

Another problem might be the capitalisation - there is one override that forces windows to load the wrong file named "woodSword.png" if it doesn't find the correct file "WoodSword.png", because for windows there is no difference - but for all other OS those are two different files.

Ahh...I see so I need to take the space out of the game title and uncapitalize everything? Thats irritating but not surprising. Thank you so much for your help!

EDIT: So its still crashing but it seems to be the same screen? Sorry if Im missing something obvious. I'm very new to this stuff and error reports are still a bit beyond me.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
so I need to take the space out of the game title
not out of the game title - out of the folder name. You can keep as many spaces in the game title (which is internal use only) as long as none are in the folder name. If you start a new project they are only filled identical as a convenience but you can manually change them.

If you did that and it keeps the same, then you have an additional error in your project and need to keep looking for that. Do not change back the renaming because that was another error

Show us a screenshot of your plugin manager next.

chumon

Grunge Head
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright, here it is. Thanks for all your help. I did change the folder name and it seems to still have an issue.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
one of your yanfly plugins is out of order - that is unlikely to have caused that error, but it can cause other errors later especially if you ever add more of yanfly's plugins. please reorder that and delete all older savefiles (changing anything in the plugin manager usually makes older savefiles incompatible).

that said, two other questions:
1) in the editor, go help-about and tell us your editor version number
2) open the project folger, go to js and then open the rpg_core.js file with a text editor (do not doubleclick it). then tell us the version number in its title line (no number there means version 1.0)

those two numbers might be identical or they might not be identical - we need both numbers to compare.

EDIT:
and please check if there is a folder named WWW inside your project directory when you check the rpg_core and tell us if it is there or not.

chumon

Grunge Head
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
one of your yanfly plugins is out of order - that is unlikely to have caused that error, but it can cause other errors later especially if you ever add more of yanfly's plugins. please reorder that and delete all older savefiles (changing anything in the plugin manager usually makes older savefiles incompatible).

that said, two other questions:
1) in the editor, go help-about and tell us your editor version number
2) open the project folger, go to js and then open the rpg_core.js file with a text editor (do not doubleclick it). then tell us the version number in its title line (no number there means version 1.0)

those two numbers might be identical or they might not be identical - we need both numbers to compare.

EDIT:
and please check if there is a folder named WWW inside your project directory when you check the rpg_core and tell us if it is there or not.
Is there a particular order different types should be in? Like I know some need to be under others for compatibility but is there and over arching order for like say different functions of them?

Also there is no number so my copy might be just old.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also there is no number so my copy might be just old.
I asked for two numbers, and one of those numbers is always there.
Please tell us which version number your editor has.

and by the way - if there is no number in your project, then it is 1.0 - and those plugins will NOT work with a 1.0 core, you need to update your project to a more modern version before you have even a chance of getting these plugins to work.
And to help you with that update, we need to know your editor version from help-about.
also, are you using the steam or the standalone version of MV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inkdrips