Yanfly X Selection Control randomly blocked on allies

mugen808

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
Hi,

I’m having quite a nasty issue with YEP_X_SelectionControl : http://yanfly.moe/2016/04/22/yep-94-selection-control/

After looking a lot for a similar issue online, I am posting to ask the question: am I really the only one to who it happens ??

The problem:

Most of the times the plugin works fine. But the skills tagged with <Enemy or Actor Select> randomly get a terrible bug, and when it happens the selection cursor gets blocked on one of the allies. Impossible to change the target then, I become unable to select another actor as target, and unable to select any enemy, unless I use a skill not tagged with <Enemy or Actor Select>.

I have found another script from Yami, YED - Invert Target http://yed.yami.moe/yed-invert-target/ ,

But this is not a solution for me cs I am using other options from YEP Selection Control, single or multiple and disperse damage or random targets.

I know the rules, I should start a new clean project, test the plugin and add my plugins one by one, checking each time I am adding a new plugin if it still works, to see which one is not compatible.

I would gladly do it, but this problem is really difficult to track, cs I am using many plugins and the effect happens only once in a while. Sometimes it doesn’t happen for so long that I think it’s fixed… but it isn’t. And there is no error in the console.

I have deactivated all the plugins that I thought could be not compatible (like Mog’s ones) but the bug is still there.

Anyway, I am aware that because the project is not new, nobody can work on a solution for me.

My post in rather made to know if anyone already experimented this unpleasant effect.

Thanks for your feed back

Last edited:

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I think this was also reported by a few people a while ago. I myself had a similar issue but in my specific case, it was simply the mouse cursor was in a bad spot on the screen. If I hover the mouse over a target I can reproduce the exact problem you are describing. Might want to double check that the mouse isn't close to a selection box when it happens. Sometimes the selection boxes are really weird.

mugen808

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
thanks @Johnboy , i did not know that. I just tested you're right.
if the mouse is over an ally at the moment you press a button, indeed the bug happens.

but then when i remove the mouse cursor from the character it randomly works again or not. In the worst case i got to press F5 after removing the mouse cursor.
Do you know what to do when it happens beside restarting the game ?
Anyway thank you!

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You could try backing out of the action select menu and trying again. That works for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.
A while back I was having fun making my own custom tiles, then I hit carpet... why is it so difficult!? Lol.
Weekend is finally here... what would you like to see (?):
1) Pokemon into zelda minish-cap style
or
2) Pokemon into zelda gbc style
or
3) Zelda into pokemon style

#= Choose ===============#
||__[ Full mockup ]_[ Charset ]__||
#=======================#
I know someday I'll start working on this...

I'm so happy that I got Steam achievements to work in my game, thanks in large part to the posts by other RPG Maker devs on this issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Homerx_666