KawaiiKid

Local Weeb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a thread from 2018 that is asking exactly what I'm looking for. I tried the code provided, and it doesn't work. I also messaged a person from this thread that said they figured it out, but provided no code in the thread, nor has replied to my message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There is a thread from 2018 that is asking exactly what I'm looking for. I tried the code provided, and it doesn't work. I also messaged a person from this thread that said they figured it out, but provided no code in the thread, nor has replied to my message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
When you say the code provided doesn't work, what is it doing or not doing that it shouldn't/should?

KawaiiKid

Local Weeb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When you say the code provided doesn't work, what is it doing or not doing that it shouldn't/should?
The code should show a number on the state corresponding to the amount of "barrier" you have on that character, the code provided does not show any number.

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mhm, at first glance the code in the linked thread seems pretty functional to me. I second @Trihan 's question of what exactly doesn't work.
Do you have checked if you have the required plugins for all the used notetags? Have you configured Absorption barrier plugin correctly? Have you replaced StateId with the actual ID of your state?

EDIT: Didn't see your answer before posting. So the state gets applied correctly, but there is no counter shown?

KawaiiKid

Local Weeb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mhm, at first glance the code in the linked thread seems pretty functional to me. I second @Trihan 's question of what exactly doesn't work.
Do you have checked if you have the required plugins for all the used notetags? Have you configured Absorption barrier plugin correctly? Have you replaced StateId with the actual ID of your state?
After reading this, I went back and checked everything, and it turns out I was directing the state ID to the wrong barrier state -_-;
It works fine now. Thanks for helping me lol
I feel like calling a tech support line and having to "turn it off and back on again"
"I already tried that"
"Just do it while you're on the phone"
"....okay it works now"

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, as long as the thing that wasn't working works now, the journey to get there doesn't matter. :)

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Game Making Every Day #19 :kaosalute:

Uploaded my short game to itch.io just to see how it works... It doens't. Failed to load IconSet.png it says.
Yeah okay. Not wasting another second on it. :\
I wonder if anyone would be interested in free character art from me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TsusnyKhan