Not open for further replies.

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been working on a game and, for the most part, I've been able to fix the problems I've encountered after a lot of trial and error. But this time, I think I'm stuck. ;_;

So, in my game, there's a point where the Player must go to a party. In order to go to the party, the Player must have a Tuxedo equipped, which also comes with some other armours such as Cufflinks and whatnot. The outfit is put on by default, however, there's box of clothing where the Player is allowed to change back into the regular armour, and vice versa. It was working fine, but then I added Yanfly's Ace Equip Engine (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/ace-equip-engine/) to give the Player an extra Accessory slot.

Now here's the problem. When play testing, I go to the box of clothing and change out of the tuxedo. All is well and good, apart from the Player having to re-equip their previous items. But, when I try and change back into the Tuxedo again, the game breaks, with a window saying the following...

"Script 'Game_Actor' line 146: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'is_nil?' for nil:NilClass"

I have absolutely no knowledge of script coding and I've searched and searched only to find that no one else has ever had this problem. If anyone can give me any advice on how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

(I have no idea whether or not this information is important, but I'll put it in anyway. The Tuxedo is set to Fix Equip all the slots except the Accessory slots. I put this information into both the Feature's section of the armour's Database and the Note section, as the tutorial that Yanfly put up said. Now, the box of clothing is programed to take off the equipment, take it out of the inventory, and change the player graphic. And the problem only happens when I try and put the tux back on after first changing out of it. I hope this helps someone to understand why my game is doing this.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support (Scripts is for completed scripts that you have written and are sharing). Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please provide a link to the script(s) you are using so people don't have to guess or search for them.

Venima

Treasure experiences and sensations, not progress.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It would help to have a demo of the problem. Either send us a zip of your project, or make a quick new project with the script and try to recreate the problem. (Sending us a compressed version of your project won't help)

Let me know if you can't recreate it.

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It would help to have a demo of the problem. Either send us a zip of your project, or make a quick new project with the script and try to recreate the problem. (Sending us a compressed version of your project won't help)

Let me know if you can't recreate it.
Okay, I tried making a copy of my game and cutting out the unnecessary stuff to make it easier to send and whatnot. Weird thing is, it worked fine. Then I tried it again on the main version and the problem was still there.

What the crap am I doing wrong? XD

Short of sending you my full game, which I would prefer not to do since I plan on selling it once it's done, I don't think I can recreate it. Would it help if I sent you a bunch of screenshots?

Venima

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's ok, the fact that you can't recreate it is a positive sign. Did you keep all your other scripts, or just that one?

What other scripts do you have that involve equipment, items etc.? Which ones are you using in your main version that you aren't in your copy?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I left all the scripts untouched when I sized the file down--I just removed all the additional locations and some of the events to reduce size. :|   Which probably baffles you as much as it does me.

As for scripts, I've got TDS Battleback Stretch; Yanfly's Battle Engine, Core Engine, and ATB scripts; Yami's Battle Symphony plus the add ons of Skill Effect Tags, Visual Effect Tags, and Damage/Heal Image Popup Script. Oh, and I've also got the Follower's Commands Script that isn't Victors...

If you need the links to any of those, just let me know. :)

When I tried to find the issue in the Script Editor, it was nice enough to bring me to the exact line that gave me problems. Here it is, just in case...

"  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Convert from Equipment Type to Slot ID (Empty Take Precedence)
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def empty_slot(etype_id)
    list = slot_list(etype_id)
    list.find {|i| @equips.is_nil? } || list[0]  <--(problem line in question)
  end"

Since to me this pretty much looks like gibberish, I have no idea if there's a bug here or if I'm just going crazy.  :unsure:   But I hope it helps clear this issue up somewhat.

Also, I suppose I could send you a copy of the game in private, but I'd prefer if it was only as a last resort. :)

Venima

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
What events did you remove?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you sure it's .is_nil? Try just .nil? and see if it makes a difference.

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What events did you remove?
Well, I removed two NPCs that had long cutscenes attached to them, and the transfers, since I deleted the areas where they transfered the player. The one NPC was the one who initiated the cutscene that changed the player into a tuxedo to begin with...maybe that's where the problem is...

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are you sure it's .is_nil? Try just .nil? and see if it makes a difference.
OH MY GOSH!!! I tried it and it works! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!! >w< *is way too super excited about this* But, really, thank you!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cherry-sama, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I remember once when I was at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I got to dance with some of the cast members! It was so much fun! After the show my dad and I got frozen lemonade and some ice cream. It makes me feel better remembering the good things about my dad... maybe I will return to Orlando.
spending almost entire day to mod skyrim but it still couldn't run properly :(
My friend has become one with the glitter. @ImaginaryVillain, got any room in the Cult of the Sporkle?
I still cannot wrap my head around how to edit and use arrays in RPG Maker MV o_O
Gamemaking has been slower, but I do my best to make small progress every day. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShadowGray