Yanfly's Ace Message System Question

Cherry-sama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, so I recently got Yanfly's Ace Message System ( http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/ace-message-system/ ) into my game, and it's been great. However, I'm a bit confused as to how you expand the number of rows in a window. It says that it has something to do with variables and "bind two variables that you can in the script module to the number of rows that will be shown and the message window’s width". I went into the Script Manager and I found the place where this was at...but I have no bloody clue what to do from there. In the pictures displayed, Yanfly's event editor says "Variable Operation", while mine says "Control Variables". Can anyone help explain this to me?

C-C-C-Cashmere (old)

Resident Weirdo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
On line 171 of Yanfly's Ace Message System, there is a line:

VARIABLE_ROWS = 21

Which means that the variable used to control the number of rows your message system has, is variable 21. You can change the number in the script to change the variable number that controls the rows.

What you have to do now is change variable 21 to something like "5" using events in order to change the number of rows you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A part of me wants to return back to the beginning and first two chapters and remake them with parallax map. But I have decided not to. Every chapter is just another step in the journey. No need to walk back unless I have to revise dialouge.
Hey guys! Good news!
I just released the Games from Brazil - Part 2 on my Youtube Channel! I am really happy that part 1 had 100 views and I hope more people will be interested to see the potencial of Brazilian Game Devs!
Effervesce Fallacy™ - Attract Mode (proto)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS