Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi,

I'm looking into making my battles a little more tactical, as such I'd like to make enemies "Home Position" Change after each attack to a random location within the battle window. Reason for this is i'm also going to be using AOE spells, so having the enemy move after each attack will really help to mix battles up a bit.

Not really sure where to start with this one. Could anyone help me out?

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi,

Since digging around on google it seems a few people have asked this same question. But I'm yet to find a solution, which is a shame.
I'm using Yanfly's Action Sequence so I figured I might be able to use an "Eval" to make this work. I found a guy here talking about it and he used:

<After Eval>
BattleManager.getSprite(user).setHome(user.homeX()-100,user.homeY());
</After Eval>

But after trying that, I just get errors. I'm sure it's on the right tracks, however I have no idea what eval script i'm going to need to make this work.
Looking at the Eval above It's not really what I want anyway, since I want my enemies to perform an attack and then move to a random location within a set area (Left side of the screen but not floating in the sky or below the actor panel at the bottom.), which the one above does not do, it merely shifts the enemy back 100 Pixels. But as I say, it's along the right lines.

Can anyone help me with a working Eval or perhaps a script that will let me accomplish this? I'm pretty sure a lot of people will be glad to find a solution for this!

clitvin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Well the code is easy, the hard part is figuring out the math for getting a random number withing a specific box.

Coopziana

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well the code is easy, the hard part is figuring out the math for getting a random number withing a specific box.

Well depending on the code I may be able to use math.random to achieve what I want. First and foremost I need the code so I can have something working that I can build upon and play around with.

Latest Profile Posts

..of the major old school series that began in the 80s- early 90s, I still haven't beaten 'a' Zelda game. Mario 64 was the first Mario I've beaten. I don't know if I should give that honor to Link to the Past or A Link Between Worlds(I currently own both). Well technically I've haven't beaten a Sonic either (Game Genie doesn't count =P).
headshot_headinfo.jpg
Time to add the "headshot" concept into the game so that people may actually aim at the heads when shooting zombies and get massive damage and armor-pen bonus as rewards. :kaojoy:
(The red area is just for visually debug purposes right now. But, it's possible that I will add something that displays the weak spots of enemies in the future.)
Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lollwi