Yanfly's Animated Weapons, issue and request?

Lynvia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am using RMMV with Yanfly's Core, Battle Engine, Animated SV Enemies, and Animated Weapons, with the 3 Animated SV addons.

The battlers in my game will use the same weapon for multiple swordfighting moves, including swing and thrust. 

I expected that though I could use the SV Weapon animation on a weapon, it was limited to one animation, and that looks like the case.

However, with the SV addons, looks like I could animate what I need.

My game starts out with a tutorial like Chrono Cross, where there is a mock battle with exchanges from the mentor to the Main Character.

When I battle test or play the game, the characters do animate their moves, but the weapon animation fires for the opposite character.

That is, when the 'enemy' (mentor) attacks, he does his move, but the sword appears 'afterward' in the hand of the MC.

Is this a glitch, or a problem between the keyboard and the back of my chair?

Here are the particulars:

Weapon (for both) - Practice sword, Note tags: <Weapon Image: 50> (image of practice sword, swinging)

FIrst move: Attack, Note tags on Skill: 

Skill #1 will be used when you select

the Attack command.

<target action>

MOVE user: target, BASE

MOTION attack: target

MOVE user: HOME, 20

</target action>

Second move (Slash and Dash, mentor) Note tags:

<target action>

move user: target, base

motion attack: target

move user: home, 20

</target action>

Do I need to use MIRROR somehow to get the weapon in the right hands?

Also, move 3 will be 'Porcupine', which requires a rapid sequence of thrusts. This will need to override the weapon image from swing to thrust, but it doesnt appear the animated weapons plugin applies to Skills? Is it possible you could expand the plugin to handle skills as well, or is it just a setup issue?

Lynvia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
...And, Problem in Chair. :p

motion's target is supposed to be the sprite that performs the animation, hence the 'target' getting to swing the sword around. <blush>

Oddly, I expected the sprite to run to the base of the target, but he just moves a step or so forward. I will experiment...

thermogothic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
it does not apply to skills, but I found a way around it if its useful to you simply use the action sequence to add a state to yourself, in that state change the weapon appearance then cure the state once you have used it, not the greatest way to do it but it does work an example is a skill I have written up here for a single swing then 2 thrusts

<cooldown: 3>

<setup action>

opacity not focus: 0

motion evade: user

move user: targets, front base, 30

<\setup action>

<target action>

wait for movement

motion swing: user

wait for jump

wait for animation

wait: 25

action effect

add state 20: user

wait: 20

motion thrust: user

action effect

wait: 20

motion thrust: user

remove state 20: user

action effect

wait: 60

<\target action>

<finish action>

perform finish

wait: 30

clear battle log

opacity not focus: 255

<\finish action>

Last edited by a moderator:

Lynvia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, thermogothic, for the clear answer! I will give that a whirl when I get home. 

I did not see how the weapon animation icon was changed via the state, though. Expect if I examine the state panel, I will be able to add an animated weapon notetag to use the different animation.

Thanks again for the help!

thermogothic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
you do need two versions of the weapon on the sheet in the state you just add the <Weapon Image: x> to change to the thrust/swing  version of the weapon, it would be nice if this was just a case of change it in the action sequence without the need for states but for now it is possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I finally got a book out the door after seven years of nothing \^-^/ Now if I can get a game out the door too, that'd be great...
MY GAME IS NOW OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!
*FurAffinity is down*
*Sets house on fire*
This is fine.
How do you delete your own stupid thread here
Julian Brooks wrote on Hudell's profile.
Hi, I'm trying to use the Orange Mapshot plugin on Mac, but it isn't working. Could you assist? I'm attempting to do Parallax Mapping. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfrankmbl