Yanfly's AUTO GROWTH Plug-In STRANGE ERROR!

DigitalTheory

Always on the grind!
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all!

Basically I'm running the Yanfly plug-in AUTO LEVEL GROWTH and using this plugin causes my game to crash after a battle. If you look at the screenshots attached to this post you will see the error I'm getting. Also I have post a screenshot of what I'm putting into the SKILL's NOTETAG. I think I'm basically having a syntax error or something. I've tried removing the single quotation marks around the abbreviation 'ATK' but I still keep getting this strange crash after a battle. I've got the plugin in the right order I think (SEE SCREENSHOT FOR PLUGIN ORDER) and I've started a new game but still, alas, the same problem persists! If anyone out there knows why this is happening and/or how to fix it I would be eternally grateful.

Best wishes and kind regards, Glyn!

STAY SAFE IN THIS CURRENT CLIMATE ***TO EVERYONE***

Attachments

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Invalid Regular Expression probably means your note tag is incorrect.

Yep, get rid of the quotes - they're not there in the example.

<Level Up ATK Growth: +175>

DigitalTheory

Always on the grind!
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NOPE!!!

I'm still getting the same error even without the quotation marks. I copied and pasted your command into notetags and still the same error. Have u got any other suggestions. I wonder if it's a certain Plugin I'm missing???

***Poor Old Me***

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The error comes from this note:

<Level Up Learn Skill: ...>

Where have you got that? What's the full note?

DigitalTheory

Always on the grind!
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have uploaded two screenshots with this post. One is showing the error and the other one is what's in NOTETAGS! THX BTW!!!

Attachments

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's not that notetag. As I said, the error message comes from a line that is looking for THIS notetag:

<Level Up Learn Skill: id>

You can open the plugin yourself and find line 223 and see that it's a learn skill notetag.

Where do you have THAT notetag, and what is the full notetag?

DigitalTheory

Always on the grind!
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not too sure what you're taking about so I upload the help file quoting the plugin command. One of them in the screenshot is a level up learn skill and one is just simply plain ol' level up. Either way none of them are working. Could you please post what the exact command is to automatically level up a skill by +175 if it's not too much trouble bro? Thx a million!!!! =)

Attachments

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's right there in your screenshot.

<Level Up Learn Skill: x>
Upon leveling up, this will teach the actor skill x.
- Replace 'x' with the ID of the skill you wish to teach the actor.

Somewhere, you have used this notetag, and it's not right. Look at all of your actors, classes, skills, weapons, armors and states.

This is the line it's crashing on:
Code:
    // Learn Skill
    } else if (line.match(/<Level Up Learn Skill:[ ](.*)>/i)) {
      var skillId = Number(RegExp.$1);  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< this line is 223
      this.learnSkill(skillId);
which means you've got that notetag but the skill ID is not correct.

If you can't find where it is, please zip up just your data folder and load it to dropbox or somewhere, then send me a link.

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, you have quite a few issues here.

Your Yanfly plugins are not in the right order.
You have two versions of YEP_SectionedGauges, and you should only have one - remove one. This would be causing the console to open every time you play and show you an error message. Don't ignore those.

I believe the issue actually has to do with dragonbones, because when I debug, there are dragonbones notes on the actor going into this function, but when the notes are split and processed line by line, the line is blank, which is what's causing the error. I see you have a compatibility patch, but if your plugins are not in the right order, that's not going to help.

You also have an out of date version of the YEP_LevelUpGrowthEffects plugin.

There may be other issues with the plugins. These are just the ones I found before discovering what's causing the error. I stopped looking after that.

Fix your plugins, start a new game, and see if the issue still happens.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!

Can't believe I forgot to put an image of my drawing pad! It looks kinda like this, maybe I'll get a better pic tomorrow...
Backup tip: If you don't want to back up your whole project every day, at least back up everything *except* your Image and Audio folders, which you can do weekly/as needed/etc.
The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T
Im so happy that Dead By Daylight is getting a Silent Hill chapter! Cant wait to play as pyramid head

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luciamandela