Yanfly's Class System Leveling Help

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Cjdgame, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Cjdgame

Cjdgame The Azure Falcon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So I'm using Yanfly's class system, and I had everything all set up and I was excited for the use of sub classes...but then I found out that

Sub Classes don't level up with the Primary Class :(

At least not when I tested it. I don't know if something messed up along the line (Though no errors are occurring), or if I need to add a script into the troops so it adds EXP to Sub Classes, or if I need to change a true/false or number value or add something in the script (even though I looked through it all, though I may have misread something.),

If anyone knows if I can fix this problem or if there is no way of fixing this problem I would be much appreciative. This problem not being fixed though would mean I need to go back and change a bit of the game

Note: I did find this http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/12492-yanfly-class-system-add-ons-subclass-management/ but I also heard it's broken and found out first hand it is broken...

If you would like to check out what the problem may be by actually looking in the program here is the "demo"

https://www.mediafir...jw8b060oeb/Demo

The things that remain are

-The Scripts I'm using
    -Classes
    -Weapons
    -Armor
    -Characters (Minus graphics for them)

The demo should be just a basic island with enemies on it for you to test and see that I'm not gaining equal amounts of exp to both the sub and main classes. Also, if for some reason you need to test out other classes because the characters don't have them for some reason the lady at the top of the island will boost the entire party's level by one.

Thank you ahead of time, for your time.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2013
  2. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    First, please always put a link to the script that ur using... please... please... please... it's kind of a sign of a good requester...

Do you mean it doesn't get any exp, or it simply doesn't level up?

Also, are your primary and sub class have the same exp curve?

though yeah, maybe the subclass wasn't designed to level... so we need the link to the script so that we can check...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
  3. Cjdgame

First Language:
    English
    I am using Yanfly's class script http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/class-system/ and it wasn't giving me EXP to my sub classes and then when I attached the above script it bugged out completely

The script I posted above is completely broken, so I found this one http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/6661-est-yea-class-system-addon-subclass-gain-exp-learn-skill-trait-etc/

This one is giving my sub class EXP but say I'm supposed to gain 10 exp from the battle, my main is gaining 50% of the EXP and my Sub is gaining 100%. I tried two of the methods the script says to change/do

1) Changing this codes rate too 100 (from 50) and that didn't work...

module ESTRIOLE  SUB_EXP_RATE = 100   #default sub exp rate (in percentage so 50 means 50% exp,                      #200 means 200% exp. etc). when no notetags set for that class  MAIN_EXP_RATE = 100 #default MAIN exp rate (in percentage so 50 means 50% exp,                      #200 means 200% exp. etc). when no notetags set for that class                      #better to leave it at 100%  SUBCLASS_VOCAB = "Subclass"  SUBCLASS_MIN_1_EXP = true #if true minimum 1 exp gained when the result exp x sub exp rate is between 0 - 12) I then tried this to customize each class to have different sub exp rate manually in the class notes...

<sub_exp_rate: 50>    to set the class sub exp rate to 50%.  change the number as you want.and this...

Code:
    <main_exp_rate: 50>    to set the class main exp rate to 50%.  change the number as you want.

I have no idea what the problem could be :(

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2013
  4. estriole

estriole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    indonesian
    make sure you check the notetags on Actor, Class, Weapon, State.

since those exp mod notetags can work in all above.

my suspicion that the actor equipped something that have exp mod :D .

if it's the demo. the hand axe have exp mod notetags.

5. Cjdgame

First Language:
    English
    So I posted this next part up somewhere else to try to get help...

======================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

So here it is, I cut it down to only the essential things that need to be there to make it run and I think it's a total of 2.2 MB or something.

https://www.mediafir...jw8b060oeb/Demo

The things that remain are

-The Scripts I'm using

-Classes

-Weapons

-Armor

-Characters (Minus graphics for them)

The demo should be just a basic island with enemies on it for you to test and see that I'm not gaining equal amounts of exp to both the sub and main classes. Also, if for some reason you need to test out other classes because the characters don't have them for some reason the lady at the top of the island will boost the entire party's level by one.

Thank you ahead of time, for your time.

===================================================================================================================================

If anyone would also like to check this demo and help me figure out what's wrong I would be very appreciative.