Yanfly's Common Event Command Menu Help

jjraymonds

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry in advance if this is the wrong place to post...

I'm using Yanfly's common event menu plug-in. (http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Common_Event_Menu_(YEP))

With it you can make a list of common events to select from and use in game. I'm making a mystery/detective game so I've been using it as a way to make a list for players to review their evidence while investigating. I also want to use the same menu system during the trials to allow the player to present evidence. This all works fine but I'm running into one problem.

You can attach a help description to a common event, but not the common event menu itself. It would be cool if I could have the help window say something along the lines of "evidence collected so far" while investigating... and then during the trial, change that to a prompt to help the player remember context of what they need to present, like "what was the murder weapon?" or "What piece of evidence connects this person to the crime scene?".

Now... I could technically do this by making multiple common events for each piece of evidence... each having the right help description- but this would mean that I would need like 12 common events per piece of evidence, one for the "evidence collected so far" and then the others for the right context clue during the trial. Is there a way to do this without having to make so many common events for just one piece of evidence?

Thanks in advance for the help!

ogsixer

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could just make the images you need, that look exactly like your help box, then just call them when needed.

jjraymonds

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could just make the images you need, that look exactly like your help box, then just call them when needed.
Oh yeah... that could work! While I would like to be able to edit the text and keep it as text... having a couple pictures would be much much more streamlined than having multiple common events for just one item.

ogsixer

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can save the images used inside the respected programs (Ex: psd for Photoshop) and then edit the the image if you need to later =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yaaay! My second public script is out and approved! A VX Ace Final Fantasy IX styled Throw Script!

I look forward to all the constructive feedback I get but most importantly I hope everyone who ends up using it enjoys!

Yaaaay! Making scripts is fun lol. :D
When you're lost out therrrrre and you're alllll alone, ahwahwah waitin, to carry you hooooommmme, uhhheverywhere you look! (someone hit me with those backing vocals)
X.X cant focus... too many thing want do... help!
Day 2 of teaching MV, student can move cat across the map.
Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr