Yanfly's Common Event Menu Window Backgrounds

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Aryam777, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Aryam777

Aryam777 Villager Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It might be a silly one but all I can seem to achieve is the default "window" background option... What if I want "dim" or "transparent"? Or just to remove borders from those windows... Anyone?

Tried searching "common even window background" on forums here and tutorials not to be a pain but couldn't seem to find that pesky little detail. :p

EDIT: Also if my Common Events are open from the Main Menu and I want cancel to come back to Main Menu, then default Cancel Event has the Open Menu command... But that leaves the Common Event Menu open behind it. There doesn't seem to be a "CommonEventMenuClose" Plugin Command...

EDIT2: Solved the EDIT problem. Just add Wait command in the game interpreter. Menu just stops the disappearing animation with it's drawing classes. I found that waiting 7 frames is the perfect amount of time needed for Common Even window to nicely close. :)
    The original problem still stands tough.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Are you talking about text windows where you're displaying text for the player to read or the menu for character equipment etc?
    Text boxes have a drop down option to select if it is transparent or dim right next to option for top middle or bottom.
    If you're talking about the background when viewing the menu, you need to change the window skin. Look for window skin and that should help.

3. Aryam777

Aryam777 Villager Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks but no. :)
    I'm talking about the plugin's windows.
    Yanfly's Common Event Menu are custom made menus that you can make yourself.
    Like a teleport menu where you choose a location to teleport or a help menu. Menu's that aren't availible in the default engine.

Now these menu's use the same windows as messages but there doesn't seem to be any option to control the backgrounds there as there is with messages and choices.

It's hard for me to believe that it isn't possible. And $gameMessage.setBackground() doesn't affect those windows and I'm trying to find what might.

4. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  5. Aryam777

Aryam777 Villager Member

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There is another RGSS thread for VX ace... It's called
    RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)
    I didn't see a scripting thread for MV, however this one is missing a creator version name... And after looking inside I saw people asking in several posts about MV's plugins in here... If I am wrong however would you please point me to the right thread as I can't seem to find the right one... :)

6. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA