Lord Balen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was originally using SumRndmDude's TP Upgrade for this effect, but since he's stepping down from plugin creation and has halted support for this plugin some time ago, I've been looking for an alternative.

While Yanfly's Enhanced TP doesn't offer many of TP Upgrade's features, it does offer open ended "TP Modes" that are highly customizable.

My Question:
Is there a formula or script I can use within Yanfly's plugin to set Max TP to increase at specific levels for a class/actor?

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It doesn't look like Yanfly's Enhanced TP changes Max TP at all.

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Lord Balen my apologies, so it does. Personally I don't see how you could override the TP Mode's Max TP setting for a single battler the way the plugin is written, but I have a hard time following Yanfly plugins' logic, so hopefully someone else can chime in.

Winthiefow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Well, I had the same problem :)
But you're lucky, just fixed it myself now ^^

So, I only need one mode, so I don't know if this will help you, but I use the following formula
Math.min(100, (Math.max(50, user.level*4)))
My Actor MaxTPs are at least 50, then when they hit level 13 it goes to 52 max, then 4 by four with each level, until they reach level 25 where it's capped at 100 maxTPs

If you want to use different modes, and get different maxTP / Actor, I do recommend to copy each mode once per actor, then use them individually, and change the maxTP of each mode depending of the actor they relate to. Sorry if I'm unclear, not English, I'll try to give an exemple tho :

Let's say you have 4 character, with 3 different TP mode. You want Character A to have 50 max TP, B and C to have 75, and D to have 100.
You'll create 9 TP mode, each group of 3 corresponding to a maxTP wanted.
So A can use either TP mode 1, 2 or 3 (which gives 50 max)
B and C can use 4, 5 or 6 (which gives 75 max)
And D can use 7, 8 or 9 (which gives 100).

Just combine this with the user.level in a formula, and I guess you'll be good :D

PS : I think, unsure, that user.level require YEP_SelectionControl to work (above YEP_EnhancedTP)

Lord Balen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Well, I had the same problem :)
But you're lucky, just fixed it myself now ^^

So, I only need one mode, so I don't know if this will help you, but I use the following formula
Math.min(100, (Math.max(50, user.level*4)))
My Actor MaxTPs are at least 50, then when they hit level 13 it goes to 52 max, then 4 by four with each level, until they reach level 25 where it's capped at 100 maxTPs

Just combine this with the user.level in a formula, and I guess you'll be good :D

PS : I think, unsure, that user.level require YEP_SelectionControl to work (above YEP_EnhancedTP)

Thanks so much!
This is nearly what I was looking for. I too only need one Mode.

Just for reference, my intended use for TP is a combo system, one that was easily implemented with SmRndmDude's TP Upgrade.
So I was planning on making my maximum TP 7 at level 51, increasing by 1 every 10 levels.

I can probably figure it out eventually, but any help adjusting the equation would be much appreciated.
(I'm not sure what the math would like like if I want to it increase every 10 levels)
Or I can simply adjust the values by making my maximum 70, at an increase by 1 every level.

EDIT: I got it to work:
Math.min(7, (Math.max(2 + (user.level / 10))))
FYI: RPG Maker may not count decimals and SelectionControl isn't necessary, i think user.level is baked into the core engine.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Winthiefow

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Glad I could help :)
If you find one error somewhere tho in your formula, I think
Math.min(7, (Math.max(2 + Math.floor(user.level / 10))))
would work (floor is cutting the decimal part off to keep only the int).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I am adamant about not having missable quests, which means having to write entirely new scenes at each plot progression that takes into account that time and events have passed since the quest could first be accepted while still having there be a quest to solve in the first place. It's worth every second.
Surprisingly useful and thought provoking
Working on animation. Trying to see if I can apply it meaningfully to my games!
ddwk.png

working on the sprite for Devali <3
My Game Development Livestream

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaguaru