Yanfly's Event Chase Player Stealth - Conflicting Triggers

Gryffin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Solved: I was referred on Reddit to Yanfly's Event Encounter Aid. It seems to have worked pretty well. Set your guard's trigger to event touch, then use conditional branches with script calls to split the results based on facing direction.

Hello,
I'm making a stealth prototype using Yanfly's Event Chase Player Stealth. I have it working, sort of. The problem is that I need the event trigger from player touch, but also from event touch. Right now, I have the custom move route with this._chaseRange set. That's working right. But I have the guard's trigger set to player touch, so that you can sneak up behind the guard and knock him out. It triggers Self Switch A and switches just to a static knocked out sprite. But how do I also create a trigger for when the guard sees, chases, and catches the player? I would need the event to be event touch, right? Do you see my dilemma? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When you are trying to make progress in your game. But something is stopping your motivation. Like come on mind! Let me do what I want! :<
Tfw everyone is trying their hardest to brainstorm about unique ideas and game mechanics, here I am just going: "How am I gonna event conversations with busts" everyday. :kaoswt2:
Comedy is third person, tragedy is first person.
Man. A historic 130 year old church nearby had all of its windows broken out with bricks last night. Such a shame, it wasn't generic stained glass patterns either but had beautifully crafted murals depicting various parts of the gospels.
The Steam Summer Sale's been treating me nicely. Now if only game sales were always this good...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amarantster