Acydcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using a Yanfly's EventChasePlayer and took the tips and tricks 'On Map Encounters'. I want the EventChasePlayer to make a random encounter, but remove the random encounter while walking. Can anyone help me do this?

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Make it a parrelel process. In a conditinal branch, make it so it chases player when the player is in distance. Else, it moves at random. In the chase part, put another contininal branch where if player is one space away, it starts the battle. If they win, it goes to a blank page. If they escape, it waits for something like 240 frames to give the player time to get away

Acydcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want this:
eventchasepla2.png

But disable this:
eventchasepla.png

So it wont make random encounters when the player is just walking.

Myst88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok so just so I understand what you want here, you don't want random encounters but visible enemies on the map that will chase the player if they see them and start a battle?

First of all on your enemy event set the trigger to 'Event touch' and the frequency to 5: highest. give it a custom move route. You can either make it move at random or give it a set path to move.
Then you put in your script commands in the movement route. (You can find these in the help section of the plugin.) Adjust to your liking.

Now in the actual event make it so that when the event touches the player it'll trigger a battle, and if the character wins you can either erase the event or turn a self switch on and in the next event make it a parallel process and wait however long you want before it switches itself off and the enemy respawns.

*Oh and if you don't want random encounters while the players walking, just don't have any in the encounters section.*

Acydcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok so just so I understand what you want here, you don't want random encounters but visible enemies on the map that will chase the player if they see them and start a battle?

First of all on your enemy event set the trigger to 'Event touch' and the frequency to 5: highest. give it a custom move route. You can either make it move at random or give it a set path to move.
Then you put in your script commands in the movement route. (You can find these in the help section of the plugin.) Adjust to your liking.

Now in the actual event make it so that when the event touches the player it'll trigger a battle, and if the character wins you can either erase the event or turn a self switch on and in the next event make it a parallel process and wait however long you want before it switches itself off and the enemy respawns.

*Oh and if you don't want random encounters while the players walking, just don't have any in the encounters section.*
Thanks for replying!

The custom move route I have for it is 'this._chaseRange = 5'. I want it to trigger a random encounter when it touches the player. Thats why I put 'Same as Random Encounter'. It works fine. I just don't want the random encounter from the player when walking as well.

Myst88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Acydcross: In that case simply leave the encounters in general settings blank.

Acydcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Acydcross: In that case simply leave the encounters in general settings blank.
Thanks for your reply.

I did that. The event doesn't do anything when it touches the player. Because of 'Same as Random Encounter' being blank. My temporary fix is to put 999 encounter steps.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks for your reply.

I did that. The event doesn't do anything when it touches the player.
You have same as random encounter for the troop, and random encounters is disabled. Put a troop instead of "same as random encounter". If you want it to be a random troop, rool a random variable, and identify troops in conditinal branches

Myst88

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Acydcross: Don't have it set to same as random encounter. Have it set to direct designation. If you want it completely random, Yanfly has a swap enemies plugin. Or if you want a bit more control set up a variable for your encounters, and make it a random number say between 0 and 2.

Then set up a few conditional branches. Each one equal to your encounter variable, and then set up your battle encounter. It should look like this.

(You can ignore the battles won variable unless its something you want to keep track of.) I combine the swap enemies plugin and this method so that the enemies and the troop size are completely randomised.

Acydcross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, I'll do a random variables with it. Thanks guys!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

You know, I sometimes ponder if working on the story and details is more necessary than the game itself. Its... technically work, just not direct.

Like for me specifically I never stop evolving the story based on what avenues I can approach in gameplay and then I get anxious thinking "hey good thing I thought about that now instead of later". Repeat ad nauseam.
World Of Final Fantasy Livestream~!
(Ft. Kaliga)
So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
I wonder if there's ever been an art challenge that involves drawing faces from the generator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RizkyBiznizz