RMMV Yanfly's Grid-Free Doodads - doesn't work?

Hexmedia

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Referring to this resource:
http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Grid-Free_Doodads_(YEP)

I have followed the instruction exactly, but the plugin does not appear in my Plugin Manager because there is no .JS file in the download. The only thing in the RAR file is a file called doodads.json (which goes in your DATA folder) and the folder of images called "doodads" which they said to put in the IMG folder.

How can this work with no Javascript file?
How can I get it to appear in my plugin manager so I can install it?

Also - opened the .json file and all it said was "Null"

I appreciate any help, and in particular and other plugin that adds layers to the map design.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Hyouryuu-Na

Sapphire Sodium
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The .json file is supposed to be null. It's empty because you still haven't used any doodads.
As for the missing .js file, you can't use the plugin without it. It's the main thing. Not sure why that would happen. Because people would notify Yanfly it's not there and the right file would be updated in this case. Did you buy it recently?

Last edited:

Hexmedia

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I figured it out by digging a bunch - you have to pay for the plugins from their site - they stripped the .js files from all the downloads. The owner just didn't technically put that anywhere on their site ( I imagine many noobs everywhere have made that mistake). I will pay for it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrKaito