Hexmedia

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Referring to this resource:
http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Grid-Free_Doodads_(YEP)

I have followed the instruction exactly, but the plugin does not appear in my Plugin Manager because there is no .JS file in the download. The only thing in the RAR file is a file called doodads.json (which goes in your DATA folder) and the folder of images called "doodads" which they said to put in the IMG folder.

How can this work with no Javascript file?
How can I get it to appear in my plugin manager so I can install it?

Also - opened the .json file and all it said was "Null"

I appreciate any help, and in particular and other plugin that adds layers to the map design.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The .json file is supposed to be null. It's empty because you still haven't used any doodads.
As for the missing .js file, you can't use the plugin without it. It's the main thing. Not sure why that would happen. Because people would notify Yanfly it's not there and the right file would be updated in this case. Did you buy it recently?

Last edited:

Hexmedia

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I figured it out by digging a bunch - you have to pay for the plugins from their site - they stripped the .js files from all the downloads. The owner just didn't technically put that anywhere on their site ( I imagine many noobs everywhere have made that mistake). I will pay for it!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Character Creator for RPGM 2000, VX, XP, & LPC Style Sprites | RPG Maker News #72

Is there any way to get more than 8 enemies in a troop in RMMV or is that limit pretty much hardcoded into the engine?
Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!
Finally working actively on Tundra! I'd like to share my wife's WIP art for the starting map and a rough draft of one of the later characters, Katrina. She's very eager to hear any feedback you might have!1623790662347.png
Got my first vax today, arm is a bit numb, but nothing odd so far. :kaopride:
dYOm9IY.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincentus