YanFly's Grid-Free Doodads: GFD Window not opening

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by DarkEspeon, Jan 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkEspeon

DarkEspeon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thread.
    Basically, I haven't updated plugins in a while, almost a year, but today I continued and found out that the window no longer opens. You're supposed to press F10, and then a window opens and through it you can place or remove doodads, but it just doesn't work. The doodads I placed before are still there! They work fine, all is good, I just can't seem to open the window itself.
    I've realized that since my last time I opened my project RMV updated to 1.6, so I proceeded to update the plugins too, almost all I could, but it still won't open.
    What do I do?

2. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you updated your RPG Maker program to 1.6.1, then you need to update your individual project to 1.6.1 (it doesn't happen automatically).

The instructions to update your individual project to 1.6.1 are in the official thread. Make sure you create a backup and follow the instructions slowly/carefully.
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rpg-maker-mv-v1-6-1-stable-release.96715/

Side note: If you don't remember updating your RPG Maker program to 1.6.1, then I'm guessing you have it on Steam and you have Steam set to auto-update. You should consider turning that off.

3. DarkEspeon

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Are you sure that's the reason? Mind you that the plugin didn't break or crash before, it's so working, safe for the window. I'll update it when I get home and tell you the results, but I fail to see how it'll help haha

4. DarkEspeon

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, it worked to perfection. I think you can close this thread!

Aloe Guvner likes this.
  5. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.