Yanfly's Item-Augment + Upgrade-Item

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Jachan, May 17, 2018.

1. Jachan

Jachan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Sign Language
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi, I am doing this neat combination of those plugins together for my sister to play... and yet I find something bit conflicted in my mind as I code around.

I would like to have one upgradeable equipment that comes with multiple skills but each upgrade will give each skill, not all skills at once on initial (Boost +0).

Imagine this - Fire Materia holds three skills... +0 give "Fire" magic-skill, +2 give "Fira" magic-skill, and +4 give "Firaga" magic-skill.

I suspect that it require Eval or something... but the problem - i sucks at eval and javascript-coding because no matter I tried on my own, I keep mess it up during test runs.
    So, I would appreciate to have your written code to help me to cover this. =X

Speaking of which, would there be a way to "overwrite" this in same item, such as to increase the chance for each boost-upgrade (+0 for 20%, +1 for 40%, +2 for 60%, etc in one item)?

2. Jachan

Jachan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Sign Language
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Bump since it's over 72-hours.

Please, I need to know this so I can continue to test the battle with this special battle mechanic. =(

3. Jachan

Jachan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Sign Language
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Another bump after another 72-hours. =/

Nobody...?

4. Zarsla

Zarsla Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Before I do anything why is Yanfly Attachable Augments included in your post? Are you trying to make it where Attachable Augments get Item Upgrade boosts? If so, and I'm remembering both plugins correctly, you won't be able to boost an augments as boost work on independent items, and augments are non-Independent items. @Jachan If not I have an idea but I hope you don't mind I make a video with it and your post question, nothing bad I promise.

5. Maliki79

Maliki79 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    It possible to do with either plugin independent of the other.
    It's far easier with the item upgrade one since you don't have to worry about what happens if the upgrade slots are removed.
    With that said, please explain how you envision this system working in your game.

6. Jachan

Jachan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Sign Language
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks guy.
    To accurate your understanding from what I am seeking for, it goes more like this.

Lv1 - 20% chance to blind / poison / whatever
    Lv2 - 40%
    Lv3 - 60%
    Lv# = Boost +#

Zarsla, please go ahead and share the video if you can, I don't mind. :)

Maliki, are you saying that I should create multipe copies of same skill but different chances (as five copies per each materia) which I have to code to replace the outdated materia to updated materia? If it's not what you mean, then how so?
    To remove the upgrade slots are not the issue, by the way. It's just more like... "adjusting the notetag-effects".
    I may suck at javascript writing but at least I can write the "in/output" writing though, so imagine what it would look like.
    Bio Materia (Dealt a poison damage to enemy and inflict the poison status with chance)
    If this-equipment = Boost +0, 20% of inflict-poison.
    If this-equipment = Boost +1, 40% of inflict-poison.
    If this-equipment = Boost +2, 60% of inflict-poison.
    If this-equipment = Boost +3, 80% of inflict-poison.
    If this-equipment = Boost +4, 100% of inflict-poison.
    Use-Skill #050 (Bio)
    Think of it as the stat-condition from other plugin where if more than target ATK, it get bonus DEF or something like that... So, the more boost, the more chance in the same item ID, instead to remove all used upgrade slots and then force it replace the next-tier materia.

I mean, I COULD do it if there is no other way to make a simple method. Just don't want to take the hard way is all I ask but if there is no easy way no matter we find, then I will chew it and take the hard way.

7. Maliki79

Maliki79 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Let's say you have a weapon. The weapon has slots to plugin upgrades that "teach" the weapon Fire Skills on equip.
    To do this with the Item Upgrade plugin, you would put this code on whatever fire upgrade item you need (You shouls only need 1):
    Code:
    <Upgrade Effect>
    Eval: if(item.fireLv === "undefined") item.fireLv = 0;
    Eval: item.fireLv++;
    Eval: if(item.fireLv == 1) item.traits.push({"code": 43, "dataId": X, "value": 1});
    Eval: if(item.fireLv == 2) item.traits.push({"code": 43, "dataId": Y, "value": 1});
    Eval: if(item.fireLv == 4) item.traits.push({"code": 43, "dataId": Z, "value": 1});
    </Upgrade Effect>

With x, y or z being the ID of the skill you want.
    Then whenever you equip the item, all of the skills on the item with be temporarily usable.
    Is that the way you'd wanna do it?

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  8. Jachan

Jachan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Sign Language
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay, I will try that, Maliki. Thanks. Please stand by.

Maliki79 likes this.