Yanfly's Lunatic States help

Human_Male

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi, so I'm using Yanfly's Lunatic States for VX Ace, found here.
https://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/lunatic-states/

My goal is to create the state Flames, such that when the main character attacks an enemy who has Flames the main character is inflicted with a seperate state, Burning.

I tried to implement State A by making a state with the following notes:
Code:
<shock effect: COMMON SHOCK>
and in Yanfly's script, I edited COMMON SHOCK like this.

Code:
when /COMMON SHOCK/i
        $game_actors[32].add_state(57)
The problem is that when the enemy attacks the main character, COMMON SHOCK is also triggered for some reason.
I thought shock was supposed to trigger when the holder of the state takes damage, but it's triggering when the holder of the state deals damage as well.

How can I prevent this?

Side notes:

I reproduced the bug in a new project by adding the same notetag to a new state and giving it to a slime, and replacing the common shock script to poison the actor. So I'm pretty sure the issue is what I think it is.

I'm aware of the double looping bug in yanfly's lunatic states. the bug occured when I left the double loop in, and the bug still occurs as described when I take the two instances of the double loop out.

Human_Male

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This post was a solution, I'm erasing it because it was wrong.

Still have no idea how to pull this off.

Last edited:

Human_Male

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Alright, for anyone who wants to know, I figured it out.
Events under COMMON SHOCK will always happen when anyone takes damage, even when you don't call for a shock event.
To call a specific shock event with a specific state, include the notetag <shock event: YOUREVENTNAME> in your state.

Right above the "Do not edit under this line" comment, write a script with the same format as the common events, but with YOUREVENTNAME instead of COMMON WHATEVER. Whatever script you write there can then be called by <xxx event: YOUREVENTNAME> and will otherwise not run.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.
Today I found out that ladybirds\ladybugs are apparently named for the Virgin Mary. They're also known as God's cows in some places.
J0pac wrote on CrowStorm's profile.
The sad reaction was not because I want you to credit me. (terms clearly say no need to credit) but because those maps are meant to be used as inspiration or guidence. You are ofcourse alowed to use them however you want :)
I'm an adult married woman

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midgar21