Tyrving

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey guys! I'm in need of your help.

I'm trying to find a way to make it possible to open Yanfly's Message Backlog on the mobile version of my game.

The problem is that my options to do it are very limited, because I'm making a visual novel that runs scenes (events) in 'Autorun' trigger.

I've already tried two different on-screen buttons plugins (one from Yanfly, the other form Galv, I believe), but both works in a way that they activate instructions after the 'Autorun' event finishes working (so basically, it never happens :)) The Yanfly's Common Event Menu also didn't work as intended as far as I remember.

So, the only two ways I can think of to make Message Backlog work on the mobile in my case is to either:

1) Add a Common Event that is set to Parallel trigger and works as a 'Script' that activates with a TouchInput.
but:

I've already occupied "TouchInput.isCancelled (so double tap) to open the in-game menu, and I don't know what other options are there to use. Does RMMV have defined three fingers touch that I could use here?

or

2) Add a new item to the in-game menu (so, next to Save, Options, Formation etc.) that would straight open the Message Backlog.

but:

While I have the line of code that I need:

"SceneManager._scene._messageWindow.openBacklogWindow();"

...this code only works when using in the map event via 'Script...' event command.
I tried to replace one of the existing menu options (Item) by altering this line with the quoted code:

Scene_Menu.prototype.commandItem = function() {
-> SceneManager.push(Scene_Item);

...but it doesn't work that way.

Does anyone know how I could alter the code to make it work?
Or perhaps there's some other options I didn't consider?

Please, I kindly ask for help *bows*
(RMMV 1.5.2)

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!
I feel the need to inform everyone on the forums NOT to go with Web Hosting Canada for your hosting needs. It is by far the worst customer service and just overall experience I have ever had with hosting and I am Canadian...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GutterRat