Yanfly's Quest Journal - how to get quest id?

l3m35

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to make a bar or percentage of progression of each quest, so the player will know how long the quest is even not seeing all objectives (reveal all objectives from the start is not in my plans).

For this, I'm using a common event, like this:

Screenshot_5.jpg

The var 261 gets the total objectives of the quest #2 LESS 1 (because $gameSystem.totalQuestObjectives is returning 1 more than the real number, not sure if it's a bug of the plugin or not).

Then I check if the last objective was completed, to show a simple message "100% completed" - it's just a test, each percentage would have it's own message.

This is working but I would need to use a large number of vars (one for each quest, and I'm planning to have a lot of them). If I have a way to get the quest ID, I would need a single var, updated every time the player checks the quest menu.
Anyone experienced with this plugin have an idea?

Kike

Paladin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you do it? if so, how did you do it? I'd like to check if such a quest is available to make a condition =P

l3m35

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, not yet. Only using multiple vars (one for each quest), I did one as a test and it's working. Get the ID when the scene is open would be much better. I let it aside by now to work in other parts of my game.

Kike

Paladin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, not yet. Only using multiple vars (one for each quest), I did one as a test and it's working. Get the ID when the scene is open would be much better. I let it aside by now to work in other parts of my game.
I think I found that out.
I was looking at the settings of this plugin to see the codes that were used... basically, it's the examples he/she used.

ex:
Code:
$gameSystem.getQuestDescriptionIndex(questId);
the Quest ID code is this "questId"

ex:
Code:
$gameSystem.isQuestObjectiveCompleted(questId, objectiveId)
the Objective ID code is this "objectiveId"

There are other things too, that I don't remember exactly, but, there are codes for the plugins commands too that is not mencioned in the plugin description, but can be used to help by using scripts... like this one:
1588695146000.png
script: $gameSystem.questAdd(questId) = command: Quest Add x

I don't understand javascript, what I did was the following ... I looked for the "plugin commands" in the JS file (CTRL + F) and I was looking for the codes used to make them. the ones that had "$gameSystem.something" were working... xD

The thing I was looking for I didn't find... but I hope I was able to help you with something :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?
Not going to lie... PIXI Particles make fantastic graphics... But predicting the hitbox of something with a "fixed size" but whose graphics can stick out past that, is quite challenging. :kaoswt:
Would you like a glass of spiders?
Besides my Might and Magic inspired project, I have always wanted to make a Fire Emblem-like game. Time is the culprit... Between life, composing music packs, and working on a game can it be done!? The tactical plugins for MV work quite well based on what I have tested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz