EclipseVRP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! So as the Title states, I need help getting YanFly's Quest Journal to do Paragraphs for the Descriptions. However, they just don't seem to work out for me. I'll list some screenshots below:

YanFly Description.PNG

This screenshot was taken from YanFly's tutorial on the Quest Journal Plugin, this is not in any way my Description or Quest. This is only here as a reference! As you can see, YanFly has gaps between the Descriptions, in other words, paragraphs that detail different events that have occurred. And so, I tried to do it myself with my own Quest:

Description Parameter.PNG

So here is the Parameter for the Quest Description I am doing. Note, this is the Second Description. After the first Description, I hit Enter to make a Paragraph. Looks normal there, right? Well, here was the result:

Description Result.PNG

As you can see, not only did it not separate the two Descriptions, but it didn't add a space in general. the Second Description was put right after the end of the First Description. I tried doing a work around by filling it with Spaces, but that didn't seem to work either.

So to summarize, I need help figuring out a way to make Paragraphs withing the Description Parameters, because it just doesn't seem to work out for me right now. Thanks!

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried to use \n or \\n instead of pressing enter to jump a line?

EclipseVRP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No actually, I wasn't aware there was a text command. Does that skip the line?

Eliaquim

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, this a escape character for skip a line.

EclipseVRP

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, this a escape character for skip a line.
I tried the suggestion you said, but \n and \\n didn't seem to do anything. It either made a single space or cut off a word. Did I do something wrong?

Eliaquim

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't know. Maybe yanfly didn't make his plugin with this feature. But if he makes it, sure there is a way. But unfortunately, I never used it.

Cythera

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you're using Yanfly's Message Core you can use <WordWrap> at the start, then <br> for line breaks. That's what I do, though you may have to reformat some of your quest text if you use <WordWrap>.
By default, the Quest Journal should be working with enter to go to the next line, so I suspect you already have Message Core installed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The sinking feeling when you realize your grandmother probably isn't long for this world, and the frustration when you know that this pandemic will take her away...not because she has Covid, but because no doctor is willing to see a patient to even run simple diagnostics anymore if one of her symptoms happens to be a recurring fever, even if her primary care physician gives her the test and it comes back negative.
Will be revealing my project to the forum soon.
Ohboi, I'mma learning how to mix/sing better warming up (by singing game songs) for eventually singing my team's game's main theme. (Plus singing for my Patrons XD)
For anyone using my Extended Generator, would you like a discord server where you can exchange ideas, help, suggestions and news about the development ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isabelx10