Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My back row provides +10 Evasion & 150% Defense and -10 Hit Rate & 75% Attack. However, I want ranged weapons to ignore the Attack and Hit Rate penalty, but still provide the Evasion and Defense bonus. How can I create this exemption for certain weapons?

Feliaria

Good with Ideas, Bad with Execution
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The only thing I could think of that might work would be to add Yanfly's Auto Passive States. This might not work, but you could try:

Make two states. One state will be your full back row, while the second will be your back row without the drawbacks (for ranged weapons). In the plugin manager for the Row Formation plugin, you're going to want to add both states to the parameter for the back row.

You're then going to want to add conditions to the states (this is the part I'm not too sure on, so I apologize if it doesn't work). In the ranged weapon state, you'll want to add (something like this: not 100% certain on the actual code for it)

<custom passive condition>

If (user.hasWeaponType(x) //

user.hasWeaponType(y) ... {

condition = true

} else {

condition = false

}

</custom passive condition>

You're gonna wanna add all the weapon types for your ranged weapons to the "user.hasWeaponType()" parts, separated by ' // ' (which I'm pretty certain is JavaScript for 'or'. It's either ' // ' or ' & '). ON the other state you're gonna add the same condition, but replace the weapon-type IDs with your non-ranged stuff.

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only thing I could think of that might work would be to add Yanfly's Auto Passive States. This might not work, but you could try:

Hm... it seems like it should work, however both back row states are applied regardless of the weapon. It appears to be mostly correct though, maybe with a little tweaking it could function properly?

Feliaria

Good with Ideas, Bad with Execution
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hm... it seems like it should work, however both back row states are applied regardless of the weapon. It appears to be mostly correct though, maybe with a little tweaking it could function properly?

Maybe! Unfortunately I wouldn't know what tweaks to make :(

It might not even be the ' a.hasWeapontype() ', but I'm really not certain what it would be haha XD

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

would i get in trouble if i didn't take out the computer icons on my fake computer screen i had Discord, Messanger, and rpg maker up
Auto-Adjust Text Outline, Run Common Events on Transfer | RPG Maker News #111

I sweep the floor. My brother, "You didn't do a good job. There are dust bunnies everywhere." He sweeps the floor weeks later. "I just swept. Why are there dust bunnies everywhere?" Me," Guess you didn't do a good enough job."
Today, I tortured my internet by downloading 20 files at once and then I played a guessing game as to which would finish their download first :kaojoy:
Oh god, just watched HawkZombie's stream of my game and realised that *none* of the branching scenes work properly. One has no character graphic, one soft locks due to a passability issue, and one doesn't have its autorun set to the right trigger. I've got first prize in the bag, baby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
egekaia