Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My back row provides +10 Evasion & 150% Defense and -10 Hit Rate & 75% Attack. However, I want ranged weapons to ignore the Attack and Hit Rate penalty, but still provide the Evasion and Defense bonus. How can I create this exemption for certain weapons?

Feliaria

Good with Ideas, Bad with Execution
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The only thing I could think of that might work would be to add Yanfly's Auto Passive States. This might not work, but you could try:

Make two states. One state will be your full back row, while the second will be your back row without the drawbacks (for ranged weapons). In the plugin manager for the Row Formation plugin, you're going to want to add both states to the parameter for the back row.

You're then going to want to add conditions to the states (this is the part I'm not too sure on, so I apologize if it doesn't work). In the ranged weapon state, you'll want to add (something like this: not 100% certain on the actual code for it)

<custom passive condition>

If (user.hasWeaponType(x) //

user.hasWeaponType(y) ... {

condition = true

} else {

condition = false

}

</custom passive condition>

You're gonna wanna add all the weapon types for your ranged weapons to the "user.hasWeaponType()" parts, separated by ' // ' (which I'm pretty certain is JavaScript for 'or'. It's either ' // ' or ' & '). ON the other state you're gonna add the same condition, but replace the weapon-type IDs with your non-ranged stuff.

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only thing I could think of that might work would be to add Yanfly's Auto Passive States. This might not work, but you could try:

Hm... it seems like it should work, however both back row states are applied regardless of the weapon. It appears to be mostly correct though, maybe with a little tweaking it could function properly?

Feliaria

Good with Ideas, Bad with Execution
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hm... it seems like it should work, however both back row states are applied regardless of the weapon. It appears to be mostly correct though, maybe with a little tweaking it could function properly?

Maybe! Unfortunately I wouldn't know what tweaks to make :(

It might not even be the ' a.hasWeapontype() ', but I'm really not certain what it would be haha XD

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kamikun95