Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My back row provides +10 Evasion & 150% Defense and -10 Hit Rate & 75% Attack. However, I want ranged weapons to ignore the Attack and Hit Rate penalty, but still provide the Evasion and Defense bonus. How can I create this exemption for certain weapons?

Feliaria

Good with Ideas, Bad with Execution
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The only thing I could think of that might work would be to add Yanfly's Auto Passive States. This might not work, but you could try:

Make two states. One state will be your full back row, while the second will be your back row without the drawbacks (for ranged weapons). In the plugin manager for the Row Formation plugin, you're going to want to add both states to the parameter for the back row.

You're then going to want to add conditions to the states (this is the part I'm not too sure on, so I apologize if it doesn't work). In the ranged weapon state, you'll want to add (something like this: not 100% certain on the actual code for it)

<custom passive condition>

If (user.hasWeaponType(x) //

user.hasWeaponType(y) ... {

condition = true

} else {

condition = false

}

</custom passive condition>

You're gonna wanna add all the weapon types for your ranged weapons to the "user.hasWeaponType()" parts, separated by ' // ' (which I'm pretty certain is JavaScript for 'or'. It's either ' // ' or ' & '). ON the other state you're gonna add the same condition, but replace the weapon-type IDs with your non-ranged stuff.

Spindaboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The only thing I could think of that might work would be to add Yanfly's Auto Passive States. This might not work, but you could try:

Hm... it seems like it should work, however both back row states are applied regardless of the weapon. It appears to be mostly correct though, maybe with a little tweaking it could function properly?

Feliaria

Good with Ideas, Bad with Execution
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hm... it seems like it should work, however both back row states are applied regardless of the weapon. It appears to be mostly correct though, maybe with a little tweaking it could function properly?

Maybe! Unfortunately I wouldn't know what tweaks to make :(

It might not even be the ' a.hasWeapontype() ', but I'm really not certain what it would be haha XD

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Worked on a cutscene skip domino effect using Maker Systems' script as the basis. Basically if I have a batch of cutscenes in a row on different maps, now when you skip one cutscene it will skip the entire set. No more spamming X to skip a scene every new map.

Oh and it will work regardless of where you do it from in the set. Convenient!
seems absolutely WILD to me now all the hundreds of hours of work I used to do in 2k(3) over a decade ago with a resolution of 320x240. that seems so insanely TINY now, seemed so normal at the time!
Playing Aroma Indosiar theme song.
Aroma is an Indonesian TV show about cooking. :)
Working on a characteeer! (Why is it so hard to color hair?) ;-;
Silly-Sketches.png
Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blazeymix