Yanfly's site charges now?

digitalneos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see yanfly website now charges for plugins which is interesting but the battle curser img files arnt on the site. how does that work?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Javascript/Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

It has been a while since Yanfly made the change. Some plugins are still free, but some of them are now paid.

digitalneos

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeah i dont mind that but after paying for the plugin i found there are missing files and am not sure what to do about that.

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

im fairly sure i just need the crystal pictures
The cursor can be freely customized. It means you can add your own pictures as the cursor, not just the crystal picture mentioned in the plugin. Just follow his instructions on how to create cursor picture, put it into the correct folder then call it from the plugin parameter, or note-tags :
Code:
Cursor Filenames
Save your cursor into your game project's img/pictures folder. This will be
where your project will get all of its pictures from.

The filename plays an important role in the way the cursors work. It will be
used to determine the number of frames used by the cursor. It will work in
the following format:

filename_WidthxHeight

Therefore, when using 'Crystal_Blue_4x2', it means there will be 4 frames
usable from left to right and 2 frames usable from top to bottom. It will
have a width of 4 frames and a height of 2.

If the format isn't used, then the dimensions will default to 1x1.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't believe the battle cursor images used in the video are meant to be provided. Yanfly specifically explains what the elements of the file name mean, and he wouldn't have to do that if you were meant to use the same files as used in the video, as the name would already be set.

That crystal is one of the character sheets that comes with the engine by default. You probably just have to crop and arrange it correctly. I would say grab the 3 frames going across, into a new image, then expand it to hold one more frame, and copy the middle frame into that new position. Then name it with _4x1 at the end.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i remember that plugin having these 2 download pictures to grab too.
it still mentions them in the instructions sections but the img files are gone from system section it seems

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If the images were with the plugin and have been removed, it's possible the artist doesn't allow commercial use. Do you know who the artist is and what their terms are? They should at least be credited.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tiamat-86 I have removed the images for now until we can sort out whether they can be reposted here or not.

JojoLaVache

Easily distracted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I bought Yanfly's Full Collection bundle, and what really bothers me is actually not the lack of a free Battle Cursor image (I made my own using the RTP crystals, thanks GIMP) but rather the presence of two obsolete battle plugins: YEP_ElementAbsorb and YEP_ElementReflect.

For those who don't know, before YEP_ElementCore, Yanfly made two small element-related plugins, one for element absorption and one for element reflection. Those two functions are included in YEP_ElementCore, which adds more function on top of that.

The really weird part is, YEP_ElementCore is among the FREE plugins, so there's no reason for Yanfly to include YEP_ElementAbsorb and YEP_ElementReflect among the PAID bundles in the first place.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JojoLaVache That really has nothing to do with the content of this thread.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think he works hard to create more than 250 plugins. Of him is not strange that he will charge
It costs just $ 1. And yes, I use his plugin and buy to support. Unfortunately that he gave up development but I'm not sure that he
Will continue to create new things Coming out again or not, however, his plugin
Is the basis for many people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Learning Action Sequences!
ANY FEEDBACK APPRECIATED!

Online Platformer TEST DEMO 0.1 - 4 simple Maps. Just jumping test. (I still have 2 minor problems to fix).
So ms store had an idea to nuke the the entire app when the file integrity is slightly broken.
Im on another months long scripting high. I wonder if I can go SSJS3?

Version Fille in english is now complete!
Download the game on itch.io:
Talk about it here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/120802/

Enjoy and share!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeroR