Nilom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I've come across a bug in Yanfly's Skill Rewards plug in.

htu26c.jpg

What I basically want to do with this skill is use up to 40 TP and recover 1% HP for each TP used. Note: I wanted the user to be able to use this ability with 1 TP, 5 TP, 30 TP, 100 TP or whatever.
I didn't know how to substract 40 TP without setting the TP cost of the skill other than 0, so I had the idea to use the hit reward notetag.

The issue with this is, using this notetag, Yanfly's plug in will display the healed value twice.

2d15ld1.jpg

Does anybody know a fix for this? Or alternatively how I can substract TP while the skill cost is still 0?

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't have any experience using Yanfly's Skill Rewards so I can't offer a solution there. You could try running one of these at the start of your damage formula to deduct 40TP though.

Code:
a.gainTp(-40);
//may show a popup for tp lost.

a.gainSilentTp(-40);
//shouldn't show a popup for tp lost.

Nilom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Code:
a.gainTp(-40);
//may show a popup for tp lost.

a.gainSilentTp(-40);
//shouldn't show a popup for tp lost.

Awesome, thanks! That did the trick! Before I tried a.tp -= 40; . :biggrin:

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll usually find that actors parameters referenced using .atk or .tp are just getters that execute a function, eg a.param(2). To refer to the actual value you use the version with an underscore, eg a._tp, or a._params[2].

If you're planning on doing things using code I'd advise taking a look at this page:
https://kinoar.github.io/rmmv-doc-web/classes/game_actor.html#atk

While I'm not sure it covers Everything it's a pretty good jumping off point for finding functions that will do what you need without having to open the games code or backtrack from Game_Actor to Game_Battler to Game_BattlerBase looking for one function.

Nilom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, good to know. I still have a lot to learn.

Instantly bookmarked. Thank you for the link! Will be very useful. :LZSsmile:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today we be doing an unscheduled stream! Lets get some work done on the titlescreen for Lightestone! <3
www.twitch.tv/riazey
I can't believe it... my mom is going to sign me up for the Planet Fitness down the street! I need to lower my cholesterol according to my doctor, and I'll need to lose some weight to fit into Helen Henny's skirt (I ordered a skirt for my mascot outfit and realized it was a bit too small). My doctor says I need to lose weight anyway.
I blame my lilest bro for the duck suit. Sketched it and realized it had to be added to a mock fashion magazine cover. The titles are actually inside jokes about the place this NPC is from.
EvKECQJVEAw3Qux
Kes
After a few hectic months, my hiatus is over, and I'm now back. Good to see so many familiar names posting. And a forum update while I was away.
V1.3 of Demo, a new concept artist on the team, character voices are coming into light more... I'm happy to say that the fangame is making good progress.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikaylabanks