Nilom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I've come across a bug in Yanfly's Skill Rewards plug in.

What I basically want to do with this skill is use up to 40 TP and recover 1% HP for each TP used. Note: I wanted the user to be able to use this ability with 1 TP, 5 TP, 30 TP, 100 TP or whatever.
I didn't know how to substract 40 TP without setting the TP cost of the skill other than 0, so I had the idea to use the hit reward notetag.

The issue with this is, using this notetag, Yanfly's plug in will display the healed value twice.

Does anybody know a fix for this? Or alternatively how I can substract TP while the skill cost is still 0?

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't have any experience using Yanfly's Skill Rewards so I can't offer a solution there. You could try running one of these at the start of your damage formula to deduct 40TP though.

Code:
a.gainTp(-40);
//may show a popup for tp lost.

a.gainSilentTp(-40);
//shouldn't show a popup for tp lost.

Nilom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Code:
a.gainTp(-40);
//may show a popup for tp lost.

a.gainSilentTp(-40);
//shouldn't show a popup for tp lost.
Awesome, thanks! That did the trick! Before I tried a.tp -= 40; . :biggrin:

Silva

Scoobityboo
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll usually find that actors parameters referenced using .atk or .tp are just getters that execute a function, eg a.param(2). To refer to the actual value you use the version with an underscore, eg a._tp, or a._params[2].

If you're planning on doing things using code I'd advise taking a look at this page:
https://kinoar.github.io/rmmv-doc-web/classes/game_actor.html#atk

While I'm not sure it covers Everything it's a pretty good jumping off point for finding functions that will do what you need without having to open the games code or backtrack from Game_Actor to Game_Battler to Game_BattlerBase looking for one function.

Nilom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, good to know. I still have a lot to learn.

Instantly bookmarked. Thank you for the link! Will be very useful. :LZSsmile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~
Its Chinese new year today! Happy year of the rat~
just got back from the doctor about my back - 3 -)~ will know in a week or so's time how bad the problem is. Overall doing better though! not hurting so badly.
Oh God.. I'm so in love using "this" keyword in my codes. It is so more readable than my previous global objects xD
How is it possible that Paper Mario 2 is both longer than I thought but shorter than I remember?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zanoth