Yanfly's Surprise

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by JohnDoeNews, Mar 3, 2019.

?

Will you join?

1. Sure! I love Yanfly's plugins.

16 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No. I don't use the plugins.

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. No. (Other reason)

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
    Tags:
  1. JohnDoeNews

JohnDoeNews Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    EDIT: I have 10 developers thanking Yanfly so far... If you want to join, do it now. Soon I will wrap it up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you hear, did you know? Yanfly posted on his patreon that he's retiring from MV plugins.
    And be honest... How much prettier did your game become, thanks to Yanfly's plugins?

So I had a thought... Lets do something back! I am making a little project, just for yanfly. I'll put a character in, that represents myself. And I will speak directly to the player, which is yanfly, to thank him for all the 180(!) plugins he provided for us. In the mean while, you'll hear a crowd cheering and clapping.

If I do this myself, it will be a very very tiny gesture... So, maybe you guys want to join me? I don't need much from you. Make a character in the generator (or otherwise) to represent yourself, and send me the walk image + face image. Also write your little message to yanfly. (Your message can be max 32 lines, which is 8 message windows. Keep in mind this are lines including a face image.)

I'll put your character in the game, and it will get his or her turn to thank yanfly personally.

It will be like a collective thank-you-card, in which we all sign our names. The more names, the more impressive the card. So... The more people wanna join, the bigger Yanfly's surprise.

I already have some developers gathered trough facebook and steam. Specially the developers on facebook are loving the idea. I hope you guys will do too.

Oh... There will be only 1 line in the credits: "Yanfly - All the plugins"

upload_2019-3-2_21-24-44.png
    (This image will be the character representing me)

To join:
    - Let me know a.s.a.p.
    - Make a Face and a Walking character
    - Send them in a PM to me in a reply, before next saturday.

[Edit: Any type of character is fine. I will not scale characters, so different types could be fun. Faces will be scaled to 144x144.]

(I hope Yanfly isn't at the forum, cause if he sees this, the surprise would be kinda ruined)

UPDATE: Here is a little preview to show what the project is going to be like. Like I said it is a tiny little project, just to show some thank you messages from users of Yanfly plugins.
    https://johndoenews.itch.io/yanfly?secret=0V0QIea0L8AnzdOFLoDwQi9pbA
    No download required!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  2. Psychronic

Psychronic Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Rei Gustave:

"Yanfly, thank you so much for your plugins over the years. My game Star Shift would be a lot more lame without them. Good luck in all your travels. We love you! :kiss:"

Blonde-M-019.png $ESA-Navy-M-Blonde-001.png

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  3. RachelTheSeeker

RachelTheSeeker Suddenly, a summer breeze... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey hey! This sounds like a wonderful idea~ Just wanna ask what engine the thank-you game is for (VX/Ace, MV, etc)? But will send my stuff shortly, with the assumption it'll be MV-based.

JohnDoeNews likes this.
  4. SmashArtist

SmashArtist Lazy Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This sounds like a great idea!
    One question first though- should we stick with character generator/MV styled graphics and dimensions(for the walk sprites) or can we go more custom like Psychronic's post?
    And also- you want these through PM in ZIP files right?

JohnDoeNews and RachelTheSeeker like this.
  5. JohnDoeNews

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I said MV stuff! :p Hahaha. Nah, it is fine. I'll work with it. You're #2 who actually provided graphics and a quote.

The game will be MV based. Other characters are fine too, but faces will be scaled to 144x144

Any type of character is fine. ZIp files are not necessary. I copies that from the facebook post. But if you put it in a reply it is fine too. I'll change the main message. Thanks for pointing it out.

RachelTheSeeker and SmashArtist like this.
  6. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I’ve moved this to Resource Requests. It seems the best place to put it and we’ve had at least one other similar thread here.

Marquise* and JohnDoeNews like this.
  7. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I owe Yanfly a bit. But it's not due to her plugins making my game look better or whatever. I stumbled upon her plugins one day, started making small edits first and trying to make things work, then I made a few compstibility patches between Yanfly's and Hime's plugins... And in the end I have learned to make my own plugins.
    So I am grateful to her for making me want to learn how to program. As such I have dropped Yanfly's plugins.
    Nevertheless, that's not the only reason why I'm not going to join you guys in this.
    A stone mason won't want you to thank him for high quality stones. But will want to see the houses you build with them. It's always nice to hear that you did well. But it's more fulfilling to take a look around you and see that you did well.
    That's how I feel.

JohnDoeNews likes this.
  8. JohnDoeNews

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay cool... But to make clear: This is not a recourse request. This is an idea to thank Yanfly for his work. I don't need people to make me characters, but they need to send me one if they want to be represented. :p

Are you joining too, mlogan?

Wait... Yanfly is a she? That is good to know before I start this project.

This project will be a house, build with his/her bricks.

RachelTheSeeker likes this.
  9. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Dr.Yami said in one of the videos that she wanted to thank Yanfly. "She was a great senpai". So I presume yes.

JohnDoeNews likes this.
  10. JohnDoeNews

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wait... Dr.Yami is a woman too?!? Why am I only active on the steam forums so much? It is a complete sausage fest over there. :p Well... I think. Most people don't show their real name or face... :p

11. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And Archeia is female too just in case :p

JohnDoeNews likes this.
  12. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    But you are still asking people to send you sprites and face sets - so you are requesting resources. :p

And no, I’m not joining in, I don’t use Yanfly plugins.

JohnDoeNews likes this.
  13. JohnDoeNews

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    True, but that isn't the goal of the topic. :p It is okay, just since that wasn't my goal, I thought general discussion was a good place. :p

Oh you do not? Your projects must be boring! :p Haha. (Just kidding, please don't kick me...)

Really??? I think women should put a big pink ♀ in their profile picture. :p How else could we know? Haha

14. Pearl484

Pearl484 Sweetly Spiked Flower Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Alright. I'd love to thank them. Their plugins are amazing and it's inspired me to learn how to program and refuse limitations. Capture.PNG Capture.PNG

15. JohnDoeNews

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Cool. Could you write out a message for me? So I can put your words in a message?

16. Pearl484

Pearl484 Sweetly Spiked Flower Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    "Yanfly, your plugins are amazing. Your work has inspired me to learn how to program and refuse to accept limitations.

17. JohnDoeNews

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Cool cool. I got 6 sets in total now. (2 here, 3 on facebook, 0 on steam and myself).

It's a start, but we're not there yet. But at least I can start developing the mini-game.

18. Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Engr. Adiktuzmiko Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy' Veteran

First Language:
    Tagalog
    I'd like to say thanks because it was his scripts back in Ace that inspired me to learn how to make scripts myself..

I am the Flame Haze of the Flames of Heaven, Shana-Chan xD

19. Boonty

Boonty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Good idea mate ! Here is my contribution :

"Thanks for all you investessement in the plugins development. I don't know if the community will have an other reference programmer in the future. But if he shows, it will be a difficult challenge for him because you raised the level very high."

Attached Files:

20. JohnDoeNews

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Please put the thank message out in your own words, and add a face and walking character, so I can add you to the project.

Cool. I'll add your message.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Here is a little preview to show what the project is going to be like. Like I said it is a tiny little project, just to show some thank you messages from users of Yanfly plugins.
    https://johndoenews.itch.io/yanfly?secret=0V0QIea0L8AnzdOFLoDwQi9pbA
    No download required!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019