LordOfPotatos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
the notetags that are applied on actors, enemies, states etc don't seem to do anything in my project.

for example these ones:
<Critical Multiplier: +x%>
<Flat Critical: +x>

they're supposed to alter the damage on a crit but don't seem to do anything.
is that a known issue of this plugin or did I mess up something? I haven't modded it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yanfly's plugins are usually stable and have extremely few errors, so most likely you made a mistake.

best guess is the wrong order of plugins as that can cause any and random errors. so please give screenshot of your plugin manager so that we can check the plugins and their order for you.
second possibility is typo or misunderstandings about the notetags themselves, because most errors there would cause the notetag to be ignored. So please give a screenshot of an example where you actually use one of those notetags.

LordOfPotatos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
so I tried it on a brand new default project, using only:
-Yanfly's damage core (required for critical control, all settings default)
-extra param formula (default settings except 100 crit rate for testing)
-hit accuracy (default settings except 100 accuracy for testing)
-and critical control.
all from Yanfly, and the notetags in question still do not work. so this one's probably a bug.

not the first time, Yanfly's AOE plugin also had a problem I managed to fix.
this one's beyond my nonexistant coding experience though.

edit: I also went into the plugin and the notetag on the help section does match the inner workings, so it's not a mistyped notetag either.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Thank you.

so this one's probably a bug
Probably not. Consider those plugins have been around for years, so if it were actually a bug, there's no way you'd be the first or only one to report it.

Are you doing Battle Test from the Troops tab, or are you doing an actual Play Test? Please do a Play Test, hit F8 to open Developer Tools, go to the Console window, and grab a screenshot to post here.

Please also post a screenshot of your plugin manager so we can see everything you've got there, what's active and what isn't, and in what order you have them.

LordOfPotatos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
This is the manager for the test project. I did use play test.

manager.png
and the critical control state notetags don't work.
the skill/item notetags in that same plugin do work and have always worked though, even in the original project.
all the plugin settings in this project are default too, I just set hit rate and crit rate to 100.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as I assumed in the first case, the order of your plugins is wrong.
yanfly's plugins are known to cause strange errors if they are installed in the wrong order.

so please correct the order to follow the order of yanfly's list (top to bottom), and start a new game to test after that (reordering plugins often makes savefiles incompatible)

LordOfPotatos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
oooh, I thought the only order requirements were the ones in each plugin's help section. these are some obscure quirks.
now it seems to work, thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Had a funny feeling about my laptop last night so I moved my project over to desktop via thumbdrive, just experienced my first corrupted project and couldn't be happier about the timing!! *proceeds to copy file onto every thumbdrive in the house*
Test game. Find something broken. Fix. Re-test game. Broken thing fixed but new thing broken that wasn't before. What?!?! Uhg! :kaoangry:
I watched this youtube video of this reporter that went to a Flat Earth Conference. And there was just a whole lot of stupid in one room.
What?! You want 2 more hours of a playthrough? Well you got it! Come hang out with us while we dive even deeper into the awesome game Kindred Novel by BirdBunch! :LZSjoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erulia