Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For some reason, the Selection control plugin does not work. Upon playtest, I  try pressing the right arrow key selecting my ally and trying to attack them but it still is like the default selecton system. I can only target allies for passive skills and I can only target enemies for offensive skills and not whoever I want. 

And yes, I tried deactivating all but Targetcore and Selection control and doesn't work. Maybe I have to go into the actual game? Do I need some starting setups for every skill's notetag body?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
did you save it with the correct name?  If not, it will behave as if you don't even have it.

Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's YEP_X_SelectionControl.js. Is that correct?

Alexander Amnell

Jaded Optimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Firstly: Make sure you have both battle engine core and target core.

Second: do you have the note tags done correctly? A five second glance at the plugin in question reveals that you need the tag <Enemy or Actor Select> in order to make a skill that allows you to select anyone as it sounds like you wanted.

If the above are all correct, more information is needed to help you, as it all appears fairly self explanatory and definitely works on most of our ends.

Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I double checked that I have both Battle and Target core and I added in Enemy or Actor select which I did forget to add in the notetag for Attack. Still nothing...

Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I also tried closing my project and opening it back up since RMMV seems to have problems saving what plugin I deactivated and activated sometimes and restarting RPGMV seemed to fix that. But since I already did the turn off all plugins thing, should I post my load order anyways? 

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you show some screenshots?  Plugin Manager, Plugin Parameters, something with notes set up ...

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you have ANY tags on any of your skills?  From what I can tell, you need to have <Actor or Enemy Select> (to default to selecting actors but allow you to select an enemy), or <Enemy or Actor Select> (for the other way around).

Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I do have the notetags set to enemy or actor select.

http://imgur.com/a/8gFYD (Yes, I love the default MV icons. I love them a lot.)

Could it be possible that it is incompatible with RPG Maker MV 1.2? I've already stated before that I disabled everything except the Battle core, Target core, and the selection control plugin so it can't be the load order... Maybe I should double check that.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's plugins are always updated for the latest version of MV.  If you downloaded them when an earlier version was out, and didn't get the updates once they were made available, that could be a problem.  But I would rather expect you'd get an error message than just have it not work.  It's something to check, but I doubt that'd be it.

Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yanfly's plugins are always updated for the latest version of MV.  If you downloaded them when an earlier version was out, and didn't get the updates once they were made available, that could be a problem.  But I would rather expect you'd get an error message than just have it not work.  It's something to check, but I doubt that'd be it.
Battle engine, Core engine selection core, and target control are all up to date. Battle engine was on 1.33, Core engine was on 1.33, but now they are at 1.6D and 1.6 accordingly. Still nothing... Is Yanfly busy?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe Yanfly's had to take a break for health reasons.  But there are heaps of other people who are familiar with the plugins.

Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hmm... Well, maybe I could wait...

The only thing that came up on my mind is that it could be possible when I was disabling all of my plugins, the engine didn't update itself to that and I didn't notice since at times, MV would not update my plugin order because of my computer. Is there any plugin on there that could of caused a conflict?

Halrawk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I know I was having issues with Target Core and Selection as well. Turns out I just had my mouse selected over a target, so when I attempted to use the arrow keys, it did nothing. I know it's a simple thing, but make sure your mouse cursor isn't over an enemy or actor when using the arrows to change targets.

Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My mouse wasn't selected over anything. It's usually out of the window when I playtest.

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just give up on it like l did, l get errors messages when l tried to make a 1 ally scope not able to target self.

Over 20% of his plugins are not working as intended because Yanfly is not testing all his plugins correctly when a new one come out.

I'll get some hate for saying this but it is a fact.

I'm sure you can get some other design ideas that target core isn't needed until he actually stop making new things and actually fix his current things.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmm... Well, maybe I could wait...

The only thing that came up on my mind is that it could be possible when I was disabling all of my plugins, the engine didn't update itself to that and I didn't notice since at times, MV would not update my plugin order because of my computer. Is there any plugin on there that could of caused a conflict?

You could start trying to check for conflicts by disabling all scripts not made by yanfly in there, especially Cores or basic modules made by other scripters...

Mega Man Volnutt

Mega Man Volnutt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You could start trying to check for conflicts by disabling all scripts not made by yanfly in there, especially Cores or basic modules made by other scripters...
Already done that. Once without closing and reopening RPG Maker MV and playtesting and once while closing PRG Maker MV and playtesting. Still couldn't select my allies.

Johnboy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Have you tried rearranging Yanfly's plugins in the order listed on the website? I had errors caused by plugins not ordered properly.

Also I found that Victor plugins needed to go below Yanfly's for maximum compatibility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.
Sand is basically small rocks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cieluz