Yanyfly Grid Free Doodad Generator

Discussion in 'Useful Development Tools' started by Nekohime1989, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Nekohime1989

Nekohime1989 Cat Princess Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was wondering if theirs a tool to generate the doodads for this plugin here.
    It makes parallax mapping much easier. And keeps the size of the game low; however, one problem I've run into is that I'm using custom graphics for my game. This means that I must rip each object individually from tilesets B-E in order to make use of them as doodads. And that adds up to hours if not weeks of development time.

2. Weremole

Weremole Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    I wonder if you can make a Photoshop action that cuts tiles out and saves it to a folder.

3. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Gaming isn't a simple task lol. I don't think there's a tool to cut out tiles, but there might be. Honestly it shouldn't take too much time (open 2 instances of gimp, one with the tileset and one 48x48. Just set a grid of 48x48 on the tileset, copy past one tile into the other gimp instance, export and redo). It will be time consuming for sure, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

4. miani

miani Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I used Photoshop slice tool then the Export > Save for Web... option. It's the fastest way I could think. But it's a ton of work, in my case I sliced all Pop Horror tiles and it resulted in 1077 files.