Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone!

After 5 years of hard work in a car factory I decided to change my life, create a game and sell it on Steam. I had no idea about making games before and many people called me crazy for trying to start with a commercial game, but I don't care.
Thanks to this forum and amazing people here, I've been able to implement my ideas. My main goal was to focus on a story and funny dialogues but also to make this game fun to play.

posteryzacja.png

SYNOPSIS
A retro Sci-Fi RPG game about a lazy postman named Yavi and his robot partner Bit.

Yavi does not yet realize how important a shipment he has to deliver. Unknowingly, he steps into the middle of a political intrigue that will change the universe forever.
A shady security company called "EH" will try to stop him, causing Yavi to face some not-so-smart mercenaries in robot fights.
The whole adventure will be accompanied by the onboard robot Bit, who constantly reminds Yavi that he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
scr2.png
scr3.png
scrF11.png

STATE OF DEVELOPMENT
That's where I'm at:

• Graphics 50%
    Music 20%
    Sounds 85%
    Story 55%
    Encounters 20%
    Dialogues 35%

Expected release date: End of 2021 (I don't know how will I manage that having a full-time job, but trust me, it's possible)

WORLD DEVELOPMENT
The story takes place in a Solar System. There are four locations including three planets (Mercury, Venus, Mars) and one moon (Enceladus).

CREDIT
I made everything by myself, although some of the assets (some sounds, faces, furniture and mountains) are based on original RM stuff. But I did my best to have this game look different from all of the other RM games.
I also want to thank this community in the credits of my game when it's done. Without you guys I wouldn't know how to solve 90% of my problems. You're great!

You have no idea how happy I'll be when anyone other than my family will follow me:
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter

Last edited:

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A little bit of progress.

The first planet (Mercury) is almost done. There are just few interiors to be finished.
I decided to make the player go on foot only in the buildings, but outside he's in his truck.
And of course there is his space ship for traveling from planet to planet.

Bez nazwy 1.png
merk2.png

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Next location - planet Venus.

I have to admit: it's going very slow but I don't want to fill this topic with personal stuff and excuses.
There's a lot of things disturbing the completion of my project but I won't give up!

scr7X.png

ElCheffe

JRPG Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Although the genre is not really what I am into, I wish you best of luck for your project. Nice to see you are making progress. :kaohi:
Btw.: Did you do the graphices yourself or are these available to buy separately?

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Although the genre is not really what I am into, I wish you best of luck for your project. Nice to see you are making progress. :kaohi:
Btw.: Did you do the graphices yourself or are these available to buy separately?

Thank you! I didn't know, before, how much a positive feedback from strangers is worth.
Yes, I made the graphics myself. Although few of them (like the mountains that you can see on my screenshot) are the default assets but I redesigned them to fit my style.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think that personalisation makes the games more unique, and also gives a taste of the creator's own distinct flavour. Adapting from the default assets also helps. Looking forward to playing it!

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

First three robots.

So, as you can see on one of the screenshots there's gonna be some robot fighting in the game.
Yavi won't be able to just do his job as a postman. He will have to face a greater evil with the help of the scrappy robots he can find in the various junk yards.
There are 6 types of robots in the game (depending on the way they attack).
Now I present to you 3 of them. Sarco (magnetic), Perry (hacking) and Plasmo (e144 - which is named after a weird, pink substance)

Plasmo.pngSarco.pngPerry.png

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Another one to the possible player's collection. Fire type robot, Vatra. (The other one has no skills completed yet).
Prometheus.pngscrF10.png

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Ladies and gentlemen, le menu.

scr5.png

bake.png
stuff.png

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Statistics of next two robots are finally complete. Another fire and water type.

Fervenza.pngBhaka.png

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV

All of the dialogue lines are complete by now.

marsWangFang.pngTTscience2.pngyavi 13.11.2021 15_26_20.png

sokka

Captain Boomerang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So much progress.

Sorry, I haven't posted for a while. It's hard to manage two full time jobs at once.
Anyway, Yavi is almost complete! You can already add it to your wishlist on Steam. I'll be happy if you do.
The game is clearly not AAA class, but I put my heart into the story. I'm sure it will make you laugh and cry ;)

There's also an official trailer:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

aww man, color hex code #C4C4C4 doesn't work for the tint value in this scene I need something darker, which stinks just because I liked that one it was my favorite plastic explosive three times...#696969 (nice) should work better (WHY IS MY BRAIN LIKE THIS)
Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gaato