RMMV YED Sideview Battler -> Change Graphic for Actor

Maronius

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone,

maybe someone could help me out with the YED Sideview Battler Plugin (MV).
I would like know how I can change the sideview graphic for an actor ingame (on map, outside of battle). Didn't see any Plugin Command for that unfortunately. And changing the Battler Graphic via the normal RPGMaker command doens't seem to have an effect.

Thank you in advance

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So since it's on the map you don't want to change the battler graphics. I have two ways you can try to do this.

1. On page 3 of the event command there is, Change Actor Image. There you can change the walk, battler and damage images of a character.

2. On page 2 of event commands there is, Set Movement Routes. There you can select the player and use the Change Image option, this is more limited than option 1 however so you may want to use the other method.

And then of course you would need to put that in an event in some way to cause the change. Hope this helps and best of luck to ya.

Maronius

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the answer. My request was a bit misleading, sorry. I want to change the sideview battler graphics during an event on the map, so in the next battle the sideview battle graphics will have been changed. As far as I can see the Change Actor Image or Movement Route Command doesn't have any effect on the Yed Sideview Battler Plugin, since you define the sideview battle for the plugin in the actors notetag.

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh, my bad. I also thought it was a typo and you meant Yep not Yed. I don't have any experience with that plugin and I'm sorry my solution didn't work. I do have one other thing you could possibly try though. What happens if you create a battle event page in the troops window. Set it to turn 0 and Battle then try adding the change actor image there. This may be able to overwrite the plugin but maybe not, could be worth a try if there is no other solution.

Best of luck to ya.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm also not familiar with that plugin, but if it doesn't include any built-in ways to do this, you could always create a duplicate actor that has the same character graphics as the other, but the tags for the new side view battler, and use events to swap the actor into the party.

poppicha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Usually this plugin can't do that because it read data from notetag so you can't use 'Change Actor Images' event but from THIS LINK Garund found an interesting way to change this plugin way so it can use 'Change Actor Images' event.

1. In the YED Sideview Battle plugin, look for this part (line 646 to 660 in the original script) :

JavaScript:
(function() {
    /**
     * Aliasing methods
     */
    var _Game_Actor_battlerName
        = Game_Actor.prototype.battlerName;

Game_Actor.prototype.battlerName = function() {
        if (this.isSideviewBattler()) {
            return this.getSideviewFilename();
        }

return _Game_Actor_battlerName.call(this);
    };
}());

JavaScript:
(function() {
    /**
     * Aliasing methods
     */
    var _Game_Actor_battlerName
        = Game_Actor.prototype.battlerName;

Game_Actor.prototype.battlerName = function() {
        }

};
}());
2. Add this inside YED Sideview Battle plugin, inside the function Game_Battler after line 643

JavaScript:
var _Game_Battler_spriteWidth = Game_Battler.prototype.spriteWidth;
    Game_Battler.prototype.spriteWidth = function() {

if (Imported.YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies) {
                    var frameSizes = this.getSideviewSizes();
                    var cw = frameSizes[0];
                    return cw;
            }
        }
        return _Game_Battler_spriteWidth.call(this);
    };

var _Game_Battler_spriteHeight = Game_Actor.prototype.spriteHeight;
    Game_Battler.prototype.spriteHeight = function() {
            if (Imported.YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies) {
                    var frameSizes = this.getSideviewSizes();
                    var ch = frameSizes[1];
                    return ch;
            }
        }
        return _Game_Battler_spriteHeight.call(this);
    };

and you can use this plugin more freely.
credit: Garund

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
This is the End of the Endurance,everyone are celebrating the end of their Endurance

I just wondering what Menu for Tomorrow
Two years into developing my game and I just scrolled through the BaseResource Pack that comes with MV for the first time xD I never knew how much awesome stuff was in there. Also so many names I know from the forum, like Shaz & Archeia ... and that's not the only resource pack I found in the depth of my hard drive :0 Right now I'm both confused and hyped about all the stuff I own.
Decided to start watching Naruto; and not only is it a genuinely good series, but it's also very inspiring.
I just wish Funimation got its act together and fix the missing dubbed episodes.
Decided to work on my game a little bit, made this Motel looking building. I am still on temporary hiatus though as getting Therapy is more difficult than I thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drackro023