Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi

I'm using this plugin by Yami to open a Skill Shop window where the party can buy Skills.

I prefer this plugin over Yanfly's one, because YEP's SkillShop plugins opens a separate shop for each party member, YED's one opens the shop for the whole party, and that's what I want

However, there's a thing bugging me. When selecting an actor, it lists every available skill, even these that can't be learned by the selected actor. This results in a list that is too big and confusing.

1638375633080.png

In this screenshot, we might think that Leon can learn "Ice" and that it costs 500g to learn it. But actually, he can't learn that skill (another actor in the party can). That's why the skill is grayed out.

Instead of disabling it, is there a way to just hide skills that a selected actor can't learn ?

More information about the matter :

The skillshop plugin allows to set learning requirement via notetags. Each skill in the shop has this notetag in them :

Code:
<Buy Custom Require>

actor._actorId === X

</Buy Custom Require>
Where X is the ID of the actor who can learn the skill.

Last edited:

Kirby44

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm bumping this, I tried to look into the code, but I can't find the line where I can set a condition for a skill to be shown in the skill list

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm if you have yanfly Skillcore you can use the following and put in your notetag in skills for said skills. it should work in theory

<Custom Show Eval>

if ($gameActors.actor(actorId)) {

visible = true;

} else {

visible = false;

}

</Custom Show Eval>

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Okay so, I'm using this script, right? And it works. If you press :Y a menu should come up allowing you to choose an item to use. Nothing happens. You press :A to open the event options menu and choose "Use an Item"? The item selection menu appears. I have no idea how I set this up or why it works the way it does. Absolutely bizarre.
A woman gave me her number without me even asking for it. Then she left because she had other patients to see.
oh, hey, I forgot about all this!

my old project got abandoned after I started working too much on stuff I'd already worked on - plus, starting to hate the story I wrote for it. Then, well, a lot of serious life **** went down. I ended up moving across the country, cutting off some people, etc. - **** was rough.

So, uh, I guess I'm back for now? Funny how things work.
I'm glad I'm sticking to my guns on having fighting game mechanics in my game, from what I've read, it's not for everyone. but for the most part, I've made it so you don't have to use them motion inputs for attacks if you don't want to.
And my project's just entered the Lunar New Year Sale 2022... Let's see if it reaches it's goal of $ 7,77.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lafferier