Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
YEM Party Influenced Music(Ace)

By Yanfly - Converted by Adon

Introduction

As I begin to port my VX game to ACE, I have a hard time finding some smaller snippets being converted to RGSS3. While YEM probably won't be converted any time soon, there are some snippets that should be crossed over. I made some very small adjustments, and it works like a charm! No matter how good an RPG's battle music is, players are going to get sick and tired of listening to it for the zillionth time. This script won't rid RPG's of that problem, but will hopefully stall the process by playing randomized music dependent on who the player has in the active party at the start of any normal battle.

Features

- Plays a random battle BGM dependent on who the player has in the battler party at the start of battle.

Screenshots

No screenshots are needed.

How to Use

You will have to assign a BGM to an actor ID for this to work correctly. Simply type in the file name of the BGM you want to represent for that actor ID.

Code:
ACTOR_MUSIC ={ # ActorID 0 must exist.
    # ActorID => [BGM, BGM, BGM]
	   0 => [RPG::BGM.new("Battle1", 100, 100) # For all undefined actor IDs
			 ], # End Common
	   1 => [RPG::BGM.new("Battle2", 100, 100) # for eric
			 ], # End Actor1
	   2 => [RPG::BGM.new("Town3", 100, 100) # etc
			 ], # End Actor2
	   3 => [RPG::BGM.new("Dungeon4", 100, 100)
			 ], # End Actor3
    } # Do not remove this.
Script

Get it here: http://pastebin.com/rzrbX8eu

FAQ

Q: Zuggablargh! This script isn't working blah blah blah you suck!

A: I am pretty sure this is very unlikely to be incompatible with other scripts unless they are doing the same thing. If you get a script error it is probably a syntax error or something you did.

Credit and Thanks

- Yanfly (for creating the VX version)

- Adon237 (for converting it to ace with a couple of adjustments. Just credit Yanfly.)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExSaNTIEr76