Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using YEP.56 – Limited Skill Uses for my PokeEssential MV Project but it Restricts us to use
<Global Use Max: +x>
<Global Use Max: -x>
<SType x Use Max: +y>
<SType x Use Max: -y>
<Skill x Use Max: +y>
<Skill x Use Max: -y>
<Skill name Use Max: +y>
<Skill name Use Max: -y>
Notetags only in Actor, Class, Enemy, Weapon, Armor, and State:

But I want to Know any possible method to extend these Notetags usage in Items

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried Lunatic Mode in that plugin? I believe there are some of them which can be used in items to alter target’s limited uses:
Code:
<Custom Global Limited Uses>
value += user.level;
</Custom Global Limited Uses>

<Custom SType x Limited Uses>
value += user.level;
</Custom SType x Limited Uses>

<Custom Skill x Limited Uses>
value += user.level;
</Custom Skill x Limited Uses>
There should be more than this just take a closer look there.

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have you tried Lunatic Mode in that plugin? I believe there are some of them which can be used in items to alter target’s limited uses:
Code:
<Custom Global Limited Uses>
value += user.level;
</Custom Global Limited Uses>

<Custom SType x Limited Uses>
value += user.level;
</Custom SType x Limited Uses>

<Custom Skill x Limited Uses>
value += user.level;
</Custom Skill x Limited Uses>
There should be more than this just take a closer look there.
Nope I don't think there is any way through Lunatic Mode too...

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You want to use an item on your target to alter its limited uses, don't you? If that's true, i think lunatic mode can do the trick and i might be able to help you.

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You want to use an item on your target to alter its limited uses, don't you? If that's true, i think lunatic mode can do the trick and i might be able to help you.
So what should I do? Help me!!!

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just tell me what do you need in detail first. The more details you provide, the higher chance i might be able to help. What i can help you is to provide you an item which alter the limited uses of your target's skills (not items). But if you want to limit the number of times your target uses the same item (for example you want to limit Potion to be used in 3 times only), i guess this plugin is not an option.

A simple example for an item which decreases default Attack usage by 3 times, just put this note tag in item note box:
Code:
<Custom Skill 1 Limited Uses>
value -= 3;
</Custom Skill 1 Limited Uses>

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JamesRyan glad that you are taking time to explain, the thing is as this is for Pokemon:
PP Up is an item to increase Max Limit of a Single Move of a Single Pokemon's Move's set.

Increasing PP
All moves, except those which have a base PP of 1, can have their usability increased using a PP Up or PP Max. PP Ups boost the move's PP by 20% of the original value per PP Up, and can be used up to three times on the same move. PP Maxes boost a move's PP by 60% of the original value and can only be used once, counting as 3 PP Ups. If a PP Max is used on a move that has already been boosted by a PP Up, it will boost the PP to whatever the maximum would be, serving as two PP Ups if one has already been used, and as one if two have been.

Restoration
PP can be restored using several items. An Ether restores 10 PP for one move, a Max Ether fully restores PP for one move, an Elixir restores 10 PP for all of a Pokémon's moves, and a Max Elixir fully restores PP for all of a Pokémon's moves. Additionally, the Leppa Berry restores 10 PP for one move.

One More thing I would also like to know that Is there any way to Limit the player how much PP up, and PP Max they can use on each moves.

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm... That is more different than what i thought. This might require some JavaScript knowledge to handle with this plugin. I have a way to deal with maximum PP and limit it, but it will require lots of note tags in just a single item, since you have to define each skill one by one.

For example, i have a skill in database with its ID number is 7, and this item increases its Max PP by 5 per use but not beyond 20:
Code:
<Custom Skill 7 Use Max>
value += 5;
if (value > 20){
value = 20;}
</Custom Skill 7 Use Max>
By this way, the max PP will not increase after it reaches 20, but if you use this item, it is still consumed. So if you have lots of moves and want to extend their PPs by this way, your item note box will be full of tags like this. This is the only way i have thought of by now.

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JamesRyan good Implementation of the thought by you in the script, but a great implementation would be; if we could Select the Item to Consume like PP Up, after selecting it from the inventory, it would take us into party Menu, Then we select a Character (in this case Pokemon), Then it take us to Moveset of that specific Pokemon, Then Finally we Select a Move and the item is Consumed, Increasing the Limit of Move specified in the Notebox of that Item.

One more thing as I read on Yanfly page <Skill x Use Max> is only for Actor, Class, Enemy, Weapon, Armor, State Notebox not Items, and Skills.

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah if it could be that way, the system would look fancier. However, this plugin alone is not enough to do it.

And you read it right. The normal note tags only affect those categories you mentioned, but the Lunatic note tags are for Items and Skills, in case you want to use items/skills to change target's current/max PP during battle. And that's what Yanfly aimed for when creating this plugin, i believe.

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@JamesRyan
So are there any special Extension needed for Lunatic Mode.

And tell me if you go through anykind of plugin in future which could help us achieve that kind of fancier system...

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I will. And i also think you should open a new thread in JS Plugin Request section to ask for this kind of plugin and hopefully someone can write it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

purefury wrote on hiddenone's profile.
Hiddenone you are simply incredible, and an inspiration to the community!
https://s12.directupload.net/images/200715/34vwhkoz.png Finally have a concept I am happy with, now I just have to decide wheather I really want to do it as vector art.
I just keep coming up with weird ideas, and then spend the time trying to make sense out of it.:kaocry:
Hi, Erm... My name is zozobie! I just had a snack.
Face masks are to be compulsory when inside shops in England from the 24th of July. People can be fined £100 if they fail to comply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotominekurumi